Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: a PSA about Covid

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OT: a PSA about Covid

    I have been retired for several years along with all the guys I worked with. Four of us used to get together once a month for lunch and general BSing. Just before the plague struck we lost one to Asbestosis, not unusual for someone that worked in an oil refinery built before 1980. Well with thing loosening up and restaurants opening partially I called the other two miscreants to see if they wanted to get together again only to find out that one had dementia. He caught Covid in the very early days and spend about 5 weeks in intensive care. "They" have now found out that in serious cases covid attacks the brain and dementia is the result. So for all of you that think that getting the vaccine is a bad idea is having your brain melt a better one.

    If your not part of the solution then you are the problem. Use your damned brain and get the vaccine before it leaks out of your ears.

    Nuff said!
    The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

    Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

    Southwestern Ontario. Canada

  • #2
    Sorry for your losses. IMHO those who refuse to get the shots already have some form of dementia.
    http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
    Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
    USA Maryland 21030

    Comment


    • #3
      Even though the shot tried to kill me, im not "anti-shot" but will say this - it's not my jurisdiction to tell others (that I know nothing about and where they live or what their lifestyle is or how isolated they may be and what kind of precautions they are still taking) what to do, doing so on this site will get your post almost immediately locked, GB was kind enough to let mine slide because it was totally unbiased just asking for information on peoples "reaction" to the shot...

      The best I can say is "desperate times desperate measures" but please don't try to act like there's no repercussions from getting the shot either - I know for a fact that there is...

      Comment


      • #4
        What's a PSA? ...pressure sensitive adhesive?
        Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by lynnl View Post
          What's a PSA? ...pressure sensitive adhesive?
          Plain Sensible Advice.

          Comment


          • #6
            Nothing to worry about, by the end of the year, Brazil will be the world leader in CO19 deaths, and I, hopefully, will have had my third shot.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by lynnl View Post
              What's a PSA? ...pressure sensitive adhesive?
              First thing I always think is Prostate Specific Antigen but that's a product of my age and gender. Second thing I think of is Public Service Announcement.

              David

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
                Even though the shot tried to kill me, im not "anti-shot" but will say this - it's not my jurisdiction to tell others (that I know nothing about and where they live or what their lifestyle is or how isolated they may be and what kind of precautions they are still taking) what to do, doing so on this site will get your post almost immediately locked, GB was kind enough to let mine slide because it was totally unbiased just asking for information on peoples "reaction" to the shot...

                The best I can say is "desperate times desperate measures" but please don't try to act like there's no repercussions from getting the shot either - I know for a fact that there is...
                Very few have problems, it was your dumb luck to be one of them. It happens.

                Currently almost all of the fatalities from it are of those without the vaccine (few vaccinated people die from covid) so maybe it is a self eradicating problem. Those that don't get vaccinated are the ones that spread the new variants and maybe a new one that is much worse then what we have seen. Fine, people that don't want to get vaccinated should have to stay home and away from others, they don't have the right to endanger others.

                Maybe your opinion will change after someone in your family or that you know gets it and dies or worse.

                I have a strong opinion about fools that don't want the vaccine, maybe you noticed, the word needs to get out about this. If George wants to close this that's fine I said my piece.
                Last edited by loose nut; 07-21-2021, 06:04 PM.
                The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

                Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

                Southwestern Ontario. Canada

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by loose nut View Post

                  Very few have problems, it was your dumb luck to be one of them. It happens.

                  Almost all of the fatalities from it are of those without the vaccine (few vaccinated people die from covid) so maybe it is a self eradicating problem. Those that don't get vaccinated are the ones that spread the new variants and maybe a new one that is much worse then what we have seen. Fine, people that don't want to get vaccinated should have to stay home and away from others, they don't have the right to endanger others.

                  Maybe your opinion will change after someone in your family or that you know gets it and dies or worse.
                  There's nothing I disagree with what you just wrote, and guess what? within what you just wrote you gave exceptions, some who don't get the vaccine are still being responsible and are being in lockdown, even to the point of not going out and hiring out others to do their grocery shopping, so button it, not your call...

                  You come on here and totally pass judgement on all who have not, your shallow and closed minded... there are serious repercussions from the shot also, IMO the risk from covid far outweighed the risk from the shot ---- andfor me and initially ? - and for how much I wanted to integrate back into society, I went for it , But in hindsight ? you could not pay me enough to get the shot again - no way - no how... so I keep that in mind and don't "wear it on my sleeve" as if I know everyone else's situation...

                  Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 07-21-2021, 06:14 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I had both Pfizer shots a while back, no side effects whatsoever.
                    I still take precautions such as distancing and avoiding etc
                    Mostly as a courtesy to my fellow humans.
                    I heard it's possible to carry it and spread it without even knowing it
                    So I figured its better to err on the side of caution.
                    I am encouraged by the recent Canadian decisions (our local economies very much depend on each other)

                    As someone who has spent most of his life entirely alone, the lockdowns didn't bother me that much.
                    25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by loose nut View Post


                      I have a strong opinion about fools that don't want the vaccine, maybe you noticed, the word needs to get out about this. If George wants to close this that's fine I said my piece.
                      First off, sorry to here about your friends.

                      Second, I have been vaccinated.

                      And third, the only "fool" here is the one who for some inexplicable reason, thinks that the word isn't out about this.

                      If you lack the emotional stability or just plain discretion to keep from starting stink bait threads like this, then maybe you need a time out. GB has enough to do without changing diapers of those who want their time on the soapbox.


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post

                        There's nothing I disagree with what you just wrote, and guess what? within what you just wrote you gave exceptions, some who don't get the vaccine are still being responsible and are being in lockdown, even to the point of not going out and hiring out others to do their grocery shopping, so button it, not your call...

                        You come on here and totally pass judgement on all who have not, your shallow and closed minded... there are serious repercussions from the shot also, IMO the risk from covid far outweighed the risk from the shot ---- andfor me and initially ? - and for how much I wanted to integrate back into society, I went for it , But in hindsight ? you could not pay me enough to get the shot again - no way - no how... so I keep that in mind and don't "wear it on my sleeve" as if I know everyone else's situation...
                        On this you are absolutely right I am shallow and close minded about it, more then you can imagine and I am passing judgment.

                        So answer me this. Is the right to refuse the vaccine because of some potential problems to a very small percentage of the population more important then the right of everyone else to not get infected by some new strain that might be more virulent and deadly because the non- vaccinated population are the breeding ground for the new strains. That seems like a very narrow minded and selfish view. This plague is not going away, all we can do is minimize it and as I said earlier if your not part of the solution then you are the problem. If thing revert to a serious situation then it might well become mandatory so clinch your but up and get ready for it. Other countries have already gone that route. The Philippines for example have, you get two choices vaccine or jail no if and's or buts about it.
                        The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

                        Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

                        Southwestern Ontario. Canada

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by loose nut View Post
                          The Philippines for example have, you get two choices vaccine or jail no if and's or buts about it.
                          I like that option. Another good one is if you pointlessly refuse the vaccine, you also waive any right you have to medical care if you fall ill. If people wanna act stupid, let darwin take effect. The vaccines have been proven safe and effective. If people are going to claim that the risk of a headache or some temporary muscle soreness at the injection site are too great of a risk, dont waste the bed space on them

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            So much BS and misinformation in your posts loose nut, but this isn't the forum to debate it.
                            Here is some food for thought, if the vax doesn't prevent you from getting or transmitting covid, who do you think is more likely to produce variants? Hint several top epidemiologists have already spoken out against the narrative about what the risks are of vaccinating during a pandemic before the virus becomes endemic, do some research.
                            Coincidentally the leading comorbidity leading to death with wuflu is... Dementia.
                            Right now 40% of the cases in the UK are in double vaxed folks... Good luck with the experimental vax.
                            Cheers,
                            Jon

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by loose nut View Post

                              On this you are absolutely right I am shallow and close minded about it, more then you can imagine and I am passing judgment.

                              So answer me this. Is the right to refuse the vaccine because of some potential problems to a very small percentage of the population more important then the right of everyone else to not get infected by some new strain that might be more virulent and deadly because the non- vaccinated population are the breeding ground for the new strains. That seems like a very narrow minded and selfish view. This plague is not going away, all we can do is minimize it and as I said earlier if your not part of the solution then you are the problem. If thing revert to a serious situation then it might well become mandatory so clinch your but up and get ready for it. Other countries have already gone that route. The Philippines for example have, you get two choices vaccine or jail no if and's or buts about it.
                              Hey --- move to the Philippines then, I'll stay here where I have freedom of choice on important decisions (well at least still some of them)

                              So I will answer you that, again - were on the same page --- I took the shot due to all the reasons you just mentioned and id add considered it my civic duty and even patriotic one, all great --- till that is you get your life threatened and go through more pain then you have ever had to endure in your life not to mention still dealing with muscle that won't "grow back" and internal pain in said area's of... and still again like I say im not anti-shot

                              and just as upset with the people who don't get the shot and are totally irresponsible and in fact in other peoples face about it and not changing any of their habits, they are in allot of ways murderers,,, but not talking about them - talking about people who live up in the hills - like my brother and his wife who are self sustaining - are still hunkering down and being careful, your telling me your going to make the decision for them even though you don't have a freaking clue as to who they are and what precautions their taking? even though statistics show that some that have not taken the shot have actually saved their own lives from the shot? again - pound sand -- not your call...

                              you are as obnoxious as the hillbillies running around who have not gotten the shot - and in a sense just as dangerous in a different kind of way ----------- stop acting like you know how the shot works cuz I can tell you from experience you don't... if it turns on you it can be a total nightmare, again --- desperate times, desperate measures... that's the best we got - stop acting like there's no freaking consequences cuz there is...
                              and for gods sake stop getting on here telling other people that you don't know what to do... F - U ....
                              Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 07-21-2021, 10:17 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X