Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Must Have Tool !!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Another Must Have Tool !!

    I always wondered why I had difficulties removing V belts. I just didn't have the right tool !!

    https://www.homemadetools.net/forum/...111#post185111

    JL..............
    Last edited by JoeLee; 07-22-2021, 10:16 AM.

  • #2
    Looks like a web site contrived to steal intellectual property.

    -D
    DZER

    Comment


    • #3
      Can't read the text on his dimensioned photo!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Doozer View Post
        Looks like a web site contrived to steal intellectual property.
        I have long been suspicious about that site. Subscription ($) is required to post, but they will "volunteer" your content from a personal site or message board free of charge.

        EDIT: Watched the video and it does look like a neat little trick. I might design one in OpenSCAD and see if it prints strong enough with 75% infill.
        Last edited by thin-woodsman; 07-22-2021, 12:19 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Seriously ..you have to draw that to make it ? You are kidding ..right ?

          Comment


          • #6
            You have to draw it to 3D print it.
            Kansas City area

            Comment


            • #7
              Why would you print it .. you can build it in 20 minutes with a file and sandpaper...

              Comment


              • #8
                I would think that one could make several in 20 minutes.

                Sarge41

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 754 View Post
                  Why would you print it .. you can build it in 20 minutes with a file and sandpaper...
                  I can take a belt off in 2 seconds with out it, unless it has keepers or a guard around it. Duh !!!

                  Besides, prying a belt off isn't the best thing for the belt ! especially if it has a lot of tension on it. I've seen people do the same thing with a screwdriver.

                  JL.............

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Doozer View Post
                    Looks like a web site contrived to steal intellectual property.
                    -That's exactly what it is. The guy swipes posts from a bunch of places, almost never asking to do so, and reposts them on his site. I'm given to understand he's even printed books.

                    He's had several of my projects, originally posted here and on PM, as well as ones lifted straight off my website, for years.

                    Guys like him are one of the reasons every photo I post publicly has my website URL on it.

                    Doc.
                    Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The internet is rife with IP theft. I've had full articles lifted off my website word for word including typos.
                      *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        There are plagiarism checkers available that can scan for similar text over millions of published articles.

                        https://www.grammarly.com/plagiarism-checker

                        https://writing.chegg.com/

                        http://ii.library.jhu.edu/tag/plagiarism/

                        http://ii.library.jhu.edu/tag/plagiarism-detection/

                        https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ycat-articles/
                        http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                        Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                        USA Maryland 21030

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Used to be able to use Google, but since they muddied their results not so much.
                          *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Doc Nickel View Post

                            -That's exactly what it is. The guy swipes posts from a bunch of places, almost never asking to do so, and reposts them on his site. I'm given to understand he's even printed books.

                            He's had several of my projects, originally posted here and on PM, as well as ones lifted straight off my website, for years.

                            Guys like him are one of the reasons every photo I post publicly has my website URL on it.

                            Doc.
                            Not much different than what a certain lawyer did on his site.
                            Last edited by reggie_obe; 07-23-2021, 12:26 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
                              I can take a belt off in 2 seconds with out it, unless it has keepers or a guard around it. Duh !!!

                              Besides, prying a belt off isn't the best thing for the belt ! especially if it has a lot of tension on it. I've seen people do the same thing with a screwdriver.

                              JL.............
                              This! The only way that "tool" would be safe to use is if the belt was spring loaded. If a belt is properly tensioned without being spring loaded, using that tool will damage the belt.
                              Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X