Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFF TOPIC In the year 2021,why am I still cleaning my dryer vent? zager and evans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You likely did, and just forgot... the year 2000 was unimaginally too far off to even think about getting to ..

Comment

Originally posted by Arcane View Post
      I've always cleaned my dryer's lint trap before every load. SOP.
      Yep. Never known any other way. It's just something that's done automatically with each load, but in my case it's done at the end of each load. Put it away clean for the next time.

Comment

I am sure I have heard that song before. I tried to listen to that performance so I could understand the reference. But, like so many "popular" musicians, they can not pronounce two English words in a row properly. One would think that if they had a message to convey, they would at least learn proper pronunciation.

I wouldn't even ask anyone to explain or transcribe their lyrics. Coming from such persons it would not make any sense anyway.

Originally posted by MrWhoopee View Post

"In the year 2525"

Paul A.
        SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
        You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

wtf are you guys talking about? You mean there's not a laundry fairy?
          in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Stewart View Post
            Somehow I never ran across Z&E. Strange...
            the song is well known, but as for knowing Z&E? I would have had to do a search.....wikipedia calls them the quintessential one hit wonder so not exactly a memorable group name
            in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

The dryer/washer combined unit in the Korea hotel we stay at, washes the lint away with water down the drain. There is NO lint filter.

Comment

Clean my drier filter almost every load. Some things do not produce much lint. Bought a drier once that was supposed to be the ducks nuts. It beeped and did all sorts of things including I was told, stopping and starting a few times during the cycle to reverse direction.to untangle the clothes. Too bad it didn't actually dry anything. Took it back same day for refund.
                Nev.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy View Post
                  While gas dryers have a much better safety record than electric dryers they could all be a bit more idiot poof. Tough job as there are lots of those out there.

Wow did not know that - I just assumed since there was actual flame occurring that they were worse off...

Comment

Originally posted by Edwin Dirnbeck View Post

Gas dryers also have "some sort" of overheat shut off,and yet we have fires. Edwin Dirnbeck
                    Most have two thermal cut off switches in the duct where the element is.
                    I've replaced them before in a few dryers. But, if there is enough lint in the right spot a fire could start before any thermal switch cuts out. I think that a glowing red heating element is hotter than the fire would be. But I don't believe they are there to prevent lint from catching fire, only there if an element should get too hot because the vent is clogged.

I've also seen people use plastic vent hose for dryer exhaust.

JL...............

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                      If you do not clean the lint filter, it takes a lot longer to dry the clothes. Why would you NOT clean it?

But, the filter is probably NOT the cause, and NOT cleaning it may slightly reduce the incidence of fires.

Me thinks it's way better to have higher volume lower heat going through the exhaust vent --- I believe if you do NOT clean your filter every time then you start to build up higher heat due to lower exchange volume --- this does a series of bad things, higher heat produces more change of ignition and also relies on limit switches should the heat get too high - not good, also - lower exhaust volume builds up more lint in the corrugated exhaust outlet, like you say the lint filter does not catch all so ignition may just be a matter of time IF bad practices are being used...

total agreement with "most" everyone ----------- Why in the world would you not clean your lint filter every time you use the dryer? it's how the machines designed to be used and it's inefficient AND unsafe not too....

Comment

Our one which is common in the UK, looks like a front loading washing machine, and there is a quick detachable filter just inside the door. Removing the fluff is second nature after unloading the machine.
                        Z and E were one hit wonders back in the good old days, if I remember correctly.

Comment

Perhaps you could use a clothesline instead?
                          25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                            Clean my drier filter almost every load. Some things do not produce much lint. Bought a drier once that was supposed to be the ducks nuts. It beeped and did all sorts of things including I was told, stopping and starting a few times during the cycle to reverse direction.to untangle the clothes. Too bad it didn't actually dry anything. Took it back same day for refund.
                            Sounds like the GE washer I bought last year. I SHOULD have taken it back, but didn't. Likely a bad decision on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Stewart View Post

Huh. In '69 I was living in the Haight and listening to San Francisco rock, much of it live. Jimi in the park, Airplane, Dead at Winterland and Fillmore.

Somehow I never ran across Z&E. Strange...

-js
                              How COULD ANYONE forget Zager and Evans? They were the ONLY one hit wonder group ,that was number one in USA and THE UK.. Edwin Dirnbeck

Comment

Well unless you live in an apartment a "close line" in the back yard removes all that concern. :-) Of course it helps to live in NM or AZ . :-)
                                ...lew...

Comment

Working...
                                X