No announcement yet.

Gentlemen Farmers!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys’ll talk about “a lathe is the only machine that can can reproduce itself”…….

I always figure an excavator/backhoe is the only machine that can repair/unstuck it’s self”!!!

Comment

I missed a great opportunity for a big project. An elderly logger was selling off some very worn out heavy equipment. One such item was a log skidder that was shop built on a ww2 tank recovery vehicle. Still ran. The recovery vehicle is essentially an m4 Sherman Tank without a turret. Note: i own a full fabrication and machine shop. Note: i build cannons and have a couple of military rifled barrels. At the time i was raising a 116 year old tug off the bottom. I think i might have missed a stern talking to by the local authorities...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	7ABD9A55-69CE-4DE0-8504-0AB234177102.jpeg
Views:	376
Size:	947.2 KB
ID:	1953039 Click image for larger version

Name:	D64CC0CE-47CA-4427-A71D-7FBB5744B20C.jpeg
Views:	366
Size:	2.93 MB
ID:	1953040

Comment

Ironbearmarine, you always amaze me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironbearmarine View Post
          I missed a great opportunity for a big project. An elderly logger was selling off some very worn out heavy equipment. One such item was a log skidder that was shop built on a ww2 tank recovery vehicle. Still ran. The recovery vehicle is essentially an m4 Sherman Tank without a turret. Note: i own a full fabrication and machine shop. Note: i build cannons and have a couple of military rifled barrels. At the time i was raising a 116 year old tug off the bottom. I think i might have missed a stern talking to by the local authorities...
          I find the key to these sort of activities is, don't ask permission.

I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Originally posted by Arcane View Post
            You are not alone. If I lived in the vicinity I would definitely drop in on Ironbear with a 12-pack. A lot.

Comment

Originally posted by eKretz View Post

You are not alone. If I lived in the vicinity I would definitely drop in on Ironbear with a 12-pack. A lot.
              ditto. Probably with tea.
              25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Originally posted by SVS View Post
                Guys’ll talk about “a lathe is the only machine that can can reproduce itself”…….

!!!
                A planer comes pretty close! Its mainly flat surfaces with only a few round bits.

'It may not always be the best policy to do what is best technically, but those responsible for policy can never form a right judgement without knowledge of what is right technically' - 'Dutch' Kindelberger

Comment

Originally posted by nickel-city-fab View Post

ditto. Probably with tea.
                  Either tea or brewski, but a cigar is best. Or come by with a good story. We will take the wish for the deed and I’ll continue to have fun and post pics along the way. Here are two short videos on you tube on what i am up to lately.
                  https://youtu.be/n9LfIWJh3Ss
                  https://youtu.be/eQAjds_3ObU

Comment

Originally posted by Ironbearmarine View Post
                    Either tea or brewski, but a cigar is best. Or come by with a good story. We will take the wish for the deed and I’ll continue to have fun and post pics along the way. Here are two short videos on you tube on what i am up to lately.
                    https://youtu.be/n9LfIWJh3Ss
                    https://youtu.be/eQAjds_3ObU
                    Impressive, I love your work! Thanks for sharing
                    I cut it off twice; it's still too short
                    Oregon, USA

Comment

Very Cool IBM vids were wonderful to watch, it does not surprise me to see a Native American honoring the "critterz" with some high tech machinery kudos to you.

Comment

Working...
                      X