No announcement yet.

Everything is difficult to get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We needed to buy a new washer & dryer and to make a long story short, bought a set that wasn’t really what the wife wanted but was close enough because it was in stock. The ones she wanted were on back order & it wasn’t clear when they would be available & we needed them now.

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post

I’m up in Maine and everybody cannot find workers. Starting pay at most places is between 15 to 16/hour. This includes your Dunkin Donuts and McDonalds. People are freaking lazy with poor work ethic. None of these jobs will be properly staffed until the handouts end. It’s bad when I walk into any business and I’m asked if I know anyone that wants to work.
      Last time in KBport we were amazed at all the Spanish speaking staff at the hotel.
      Got nothing against them, just wondering how the locals got so wealthy all of a sudden.
      Len

Comment

Originally posted by QSIMDO View Post

Last time in KBport we were amazed at all the Spanish speaking staff at the hotel.
        Got nothing against them, just wondering how the locals got so wealthy all of a sudden.
        Most Spanish speaking folks are good hard working people. They have not had everything handed to them.

Kennebunkport? Really? Isn't that where teh Kennedy clan had their vacation place/

Keep eye on ball.
        Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

Comment

I have written previously about the "welfare trap" and the real problems that most people have with getting or changing a job that pays enough, after related expenses, to "get ahead", much less break even and provide for necessities. Most of us are "privileged" in many ways, which may include education, intelligence, physical abilities, stable families, home ownership, lack of criminal record, freedom from addiction, good physical and mental health, inherited assets, favorable skin color, and work ethic. You may counter-punch that you may have earned such advantages and the disadvantages were somehow someone's fault, and they deserve to be punished. But they may be guilty only of having chosen the wrong parents or the wrong place to grow up.

If you provide enough public assistance (welfare) to allow living without resorting to crime, and not penalize for work income, people may be able to stay out of jail (which is more costly than welfare), and pursue meaningful and sufficient employment to attain a sustainable and productive lifestyle, as well as raising healthy children with good role models and realizable ambitions.
          http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
          Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
          USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post

The way you motivate people to take a job is with money. A job is where you trade your time and effort for money. If the job does not pay enough, and you STILL have to be on welfare even though you are working (Walmart has been such a place), then that's a "decent job"?

If you think so, then you are a typical member of the privileged elite, or one of their servants.
            Yes, I only asked the question to see if anyone had a solution.

It almost felt like you were tipping the subject towards me, Im a lil particular.

I agree, a Person should be paid a living wage. Not just some made up living wage like 13 bucks an hour. Cause that 13 does not translate well from place to place.

JR

Comment

Ive been waiting for about 2 weeks now for a circuit board to be assembled at one of the quick turn pcb houses because there are components we just can't get. Tried to get some other IC a while back and they were out of stock too but I was able to find a variant that was in stock. It's getting annoying

Comment

Originally posted by PStechPaul View Post
                lack of criminal record.
                Thats not much of a privilege, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Comment

Most Spanish speaking folks are good hard working people. They have not had everything handed to them.

Kennebunkport? Really? Isn't that where teh Kennedy clan had their vacation place/
                  Bush’s

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post

Yes, I only asked the question to see if anyone had a solution.

It almost felt like you were tipping the subject towards me, Im a lil particular.

I agree, a Person should be paid a living wage. Not just some made up living wage like 13 bucks an hour. Cause that 13 does not translate well from place to place.

JR
                    Well, I have lots of solutions, but a lot of what I say would be too political for the forum. I do strongly agree about the living wage, and manufacturing in America. We sure didn't do ourselves any favors over the last few decades. I do know in my own town, crime was a lot lower when everybody had a decent job. Your color didn't have anything to do with it, jobs did. The factories are mostly gone now, and the population is 1/4 of what it used to be. There are more stray cats than people. The only building thats open on Main St. is the police station, everything else is boarded up graffiti and gangstas and winos in the trash by the curb....
                    25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Bush’s
                      OK, could be....don't recall.... whichever. Interchangeable rich politicians who do not "get it".

Keep eye on ball.
                      Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

Comment

Bush clan.
                        OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

I don’t know who is worse, the corrupt politicians, or the civilians that worship them? I say we push both out the back of C130’s into the North Atlantic.

Comment

Last season at some point the rear door on our Craftsman lawn mower cracked and I repaired it with some soft aluminum sheet, epoxy and some screws. Sears Parts Direct showed the replacement part as BO.

My wife broke it worse a month back and the repairs, now to the pivots on both sides, we’re tenuous at best.

SPD now showed it “In Stock” so I ordered one for $24.95 + SH. After no confirmation of shipment and a few emails they re-listed it as BO with no expected ship date.

PStechPaul posted a link to a Husqvarna mower with a pic and I immediately realized that was the same model as my Craftsman. They showed the part in stock at $17.95 so I ordered it. They shipped the next day with tracking and I canceled at Sears. (Which took 5 days to process)
                            Installed the door yesterday with a perfect match. Thanks again Paul !

If Husqvarna makes it and Sears sells it why can’t Sears get the parts?

Monday night I told my wife we needed to get a stand alone freezer and buy more meat now. I did a lot of online shopping and the earliest delivery options were 10+ days out. Our local Lowe’s didn’t even have floor models. They told us they sold out last Sunday.

My wife said “What about Sears ?” . My reply was “Do we still even have a Sears store here in El Paso ?”
                            She looked on line, ordered a 7.9 CF Kenmore unit, already on sale, got a $35 off coupon from Sears Online and I PICKED IT UP at the store 4 hrs later.

I can only guess that with the troubles Sears has gone through and with one of our stores here in town closing down last year, that folks are not thinking about them and that’s why they had ready available stock.

Now I’m thinking of a generator to protect the freeezer.
                            Illigitimi non Carborundum 😎
                            9X49 Birmingham Mill, Reid Model 2C Grinder, 13x40 ENCO GH Lathe, 6X18 Craftsman lathe, Sherline CNC mill, Eastwood TIG200 AC/DC and lots of stuff from 30+ years in the trade and 15.5 in refinery unit operations. Now retired. El Paso, TX

Comment

Eh?? I thought Sears was gone altogether, forever??
                              And yes I am still white-hot-furious at the highly-paid idiots that allowed it to happen.
                              25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

I don’t know who is worse, the corrupt politicians, or the civilians that worship them? I say we push both out the back of C130’s into the North Atlantic.
                                Could you make that the pacific, we don't want the bodies washing up in Blighty.

Comment

Working...
                                X