Everything is difficult to get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by old mart View Post

Could you make that the pacific, we don't want the bodies washing up in Blighty.
    Yeah, you've got enough of your own, I've heard :/
    What I find most interesting is how the entire English-speaking world seems to be suffering from the exact same crap even though we are separated by an entire planet, and a few different cultures. I am wondering what is the common factor?
    25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Originally posted by nickel-city-fab View Post
      I am wondering what is the common factor?
      They are people.
      Lately, I have been considering the fact that life is now sufficiently easy for so many people, that one can actually thrive without having to learn, know, or understand much of anything at all, All you need to know is how to manipulate people well enough to gain popularity (and take their money). Curious indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Joel View Post
        They are people.
        Lately, I have been considering the fact that life is now sufficiently easy for so many people, that one can actually thrive without having to learn, know, or understand much of anything at all, All you need to know is how to manipulate people well enough to gain popularity (and take their money). Curious indeed.
        That fact is thousands of years old........... Back then you did have to know how to win fights.

Keep eye on ball.
        Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

Comment

Conceptually similar, perhaps, but hardly the same phenomenon as I was referring.

Comment

Originally posted by PStechPaul
            lack of criminal record.
            Originally posted by macona View Post
            Thats not much of a privilege, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
            It's strongly related to things you can't control, such as parents and neighborhood conditions. Some have criminal records for minor offenses, like drug possession, and others are coerced into crime by gangs who would otherwise do harm to you or family members. Sometimes police can be corrupt. Privilege can also involve access to good lawyers who can obtain plea deals and other ways to avoid or expunge a criminal record.
            http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
            Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
            USA Maryland 21030

Comment

It is very easy to get a criminal record, even to be on death row for a crime you know nothing about. Look like the wrong person, have the police do a "geofence search" and find your 'phone, etc, etc. Police as a rule keep after the person they arrest, even to deep-sixing legitimate testimony that you were elsewhere..

Originally posted by Joel View Post
              Conceptually similar, perhaps, but hardly the same phenomenon as I was referring.
              I suspect a lot closer to your meaning than you might think. Check history

Keep eye on ball.
              Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

Comment

Originally posted by Tim The Grim View Post
                I can only guess that with the troubles Sears has gone through and with one of our stores here in town closing down last year, that folks are not thinking about them and that’s why they had ready available stock.

Now I’m thinking of a generator to protect the freeezer..
                Yeah, I love the Sears name. I grew up with the name if not the tools (Kenmoore driers). No, we didnt have any sears tools, Broke folks . We did have the big Fat catolouge though. Wish Book,,, JR

Comment

Originally posted by QSIMDO View Post

No one wants them.
                  Cleveland are better.
                  Clevelands have weak oiling systems, they need to have an external line run to the cam.

Comment

Originally posted by kendall View Post

Clevelands have weak oiling systems, they need to have an external line run to the cam.
                    I dont thinks so.

I had a freind that a clevland in it and I asked him everything, he never mentioned some crazy oiliy rig.

This was 30 years ago so give me that! LOL JR

Comment

So my issue is finding a “long block”. Hell, maybe I’ll tell him to get an available short block and build up from there.

Comment

Why not just buy a complete engine and rebuild it however you want it?

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                          It is very easy to get a criminal record, even to be on death row for a crime you know nothing about. Look like the wrong person, have the police do a "geofence search" and find your 'phone, etc, etc. Police as a rule keep after the person they arrest, even to deep-sixing legitimate testimony that you were elsewhere..

I suspect a lot closer to your meaning than you might think. Check history
                          Here's a case of "mistaken identity" I just read about.

https://people.com/human-interest/mi...k-for-2-years/

Comment

Originally posted by Captain K View Post
                            Why not just buy a complete engine and rebuild it however you want it?
                            That’s another option. Between going to work, working on the rental property, and the fact the truck is up in Maine and not where my own shop is in Florida, it’s best I have some one else do it. At least get it driveable. I’m going to re-arrange my shop to keep the middle open so I can work on it.

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                              That’s another option. Between going to work, working on the rental property, and the fact the truck is up in Maine and not where my own shop is in Florida, it’s best I have some one else do it. At least get it driveable. I’m going to re-arrange my shop to keep the middle open so I can work on it.
                              "Pie in the Sky"

That was from way back. You will do just as I have done. Build up for the project (pie in the sky) and never get to it. Dont be that, Me. Mr,,, JR

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post

I dont thinks so.

I had a freind that a clevland in it and I asked him everything, he never mentioned some crazy oiliy rig.

This was 30 years ago so give me that! LOL JR
                                With street engines it was rare to run into the problem except when neglected. It mostly showed up during extended high RPM runs.

Comment

Working...
                                X