X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMinMN
    replied
    Originally posted by RB211 View Post
    I’ve flown Cherries from Washington state to China. The best damn cherries I’ve ever had.
    We were at the Michigan cherry festival one year and they had to import the cherries from Washington state because of a cold spring that kept the local ones from ripening in time.

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    replied
    I’ve flown Cherries from Washington state to China. The best damn cherries I’ve ever had.

Leave a comment:

• J Tiers
    replied
    Winter is about half the reason for sauerkraut, kimchee, and canned goods. How to get vegetables in winter.

Now, it can be by shipping in from an area with opposite seasons.

Leave a comment:

• Rustybolt
    replied
    Originally posted by nickel-city-fab View Post

What really shocked me was finding out that a lot of our produce is grown overseas...
    at least in the "value" stores. The places where you save money.

The higher-end stores in my area use local farmers, but they aren't trying to be cheap.
    You can tell by what kind of cars are in the parking lot
    And by the looks of the women going in and out of there

Kind of like iron.
    Its cheaper to ship it halfway around the world than it is to make it here.

We demand fresh produce every month of the year. You can get cantaloupes in January because we'll pay farmers in Chile to grow them.

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    replied
    Originally posted by JRouche View Post

"Pie in the Sky"

That was from way back. You will do just as I have done. Build up for the project (pie in the sky) and never get to it. Dont be that, Me. Mr,,, JR
    Way too late for that. If I wanted to fix that issue, I’d sell out of my machine tools 100% and take up mackerel fishing at the pier in Maine with my spare time.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Edwards
    replied
    Originally posted by kendall View Post

With street engines it was rare to run into the problem except when neglected. It mostly showed up during extended high RPM runs.
    In other words, unless your last name is Glidden, you don't have to worry about it.

Leave a comment:

• kendall
    replied
    Originally posted by JRouche View Post

I dont thinks so.

I had a freind that a clevland in it and I asked him everything, he never mentioned some crazy oiliy rig.

This was 30 years ago so give me that! LOL JR
    With street engines it was rare to run into the problem except when neglected. It mostly showed up during extended high RPM runs.

Leave a comment:

• JRouche
    replied
    Originally posted by RB211 View Post
    That’s another option. Between going to work, working on the rental property, and the fact the truck is up in Maine and not where my own shop is in Florida, it’s best I have some one else do it. At least get it driveable. I’m going to re-arrange my shop to keep the middle open so I can work on it.
    "Pie in the Sky"

That was from way back. You will do just as I have done. Build up for the project (pie in the sky) and never get to it. Dont be that, Me. Mr,,, JR

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain K View Post
    Why not just buy a complete engine and rebuild it however you want it?
    That’s another option. Between going to work, working on the rental property, and the fact the truck is up in Maine and not where my own shop is in Florida, it’s best I have some one else do it. At least get it driveable. I’m going to re-arrange my shop to keep the middle open so I can work on it.

Leave a comment:

• Arcane
    replied
    Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
    It is very easy to get a criminal record, even to be on death row for a crime you know nothing about. Look like the wrong person, have the police do a "geofence search" and find your 'phone, etc, etc. Police as a rule keep after the person they arrest, even to deep-sixing legitimate testimony that you were elsewhere..

I suspect a lot closer to your meaning than you might think. Check history
    Here's a case of "mistaken identity" I just read about.

https://people.com/human-interest/mi...k-for-2-years/

Leave a comment:

• Captain K
    replied
    Why not just buy a complete engine and rebuild it however you want it?

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    replied
    So my issue is finding a “long block”. Hell, maybe I’ll tell him to get an available short block and build up from there.

Leave a comment:

• JRouche
    replied
    Originally posted by kendall View Post

Clevelands have weak oiling systems, they need to have an external line run to the cam.
    I dont thinks so.

I had a freind that a clevland in it and I asked him everything, he never mentioned some crazy oiliy rig.

This was 30 years ago so give me that! LOL JR

Leave a comment:

• kendall
    replied
    Originally posted by QSIMDO View Post

No one wants them.
    Cleveland are better.
    Clevelands have weak oiling systems, they need to have an external line run to the cam.

Leave a comment:

• JRouche
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim The Grim View Post
    I can only guess that with the troubles Sears has gone through and with one of our stores here in town closing down last year, that folks are not thinking about them and that’s why they had ready available stock.

Now I’m thinking of a generator to protect the freeezer..
    Yeah, I love the Sears name. I grew up with the name if not the tools (Kenmoore driers). No, we didnt have any sears tools, Broke folks . We did have the big Fat catolouge though. Wish Book,,, JR

Leave a comment:

Working...
X