Add on to my funny TIA mini stroke ot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add on to my funny TIA mini stroke ot

Bit of an update, had this Tia thin a while ago, 8 days ago it’s true nature manifested itself, I had a bloody heart attack, I was a bit touch and go, no ambulance available, but I used what I had, I keep a 10litre industrial oxy bottle, 2 stage valve and flow meter with a pvc hose and nebulising mask in the house, along with a fair quantities of plavix, aspirin, in the meds cupboard, though it’s hard to communicate what you want with a baby elephant on your chest, anyway, took 300 mg plavix, 150mg aspirin straight off, ( these are the pre loading doses the text books advise, started on 100% oxy imidiate, still no ambulance, eventually the ambulance controll room advised the mrs to take me by car to the ER, ( worst thing in the world to advise, fing idiots)
    well I got there, told them what I’d taken which was spot on, rushed to the catheter lab, Caths poked in groin neck both wrists, neck everywhere, the couldn’t fix it, sent for open heart surgery, which at the time the pain was so bad I was more afraid I wouldn’t die than would, awful,
    my new best friend was the anethsetist, he twigged I was one of those bloody aliens who don’t respond to morphine, switch the iv to ketamine, what a relief!
    end result open heart surgery for 6 hrs, all the old blocked heart arteries cut off, shunts taken from my leg, (the scar is from groin to ankle)
    so I’m still hear to bug you as you need, got an artificial balloon pump to rest the heart, had that pulled ( ow ow please stop) ot my groin day fore yesterday, have a way to ho but I feel bloody brilliant, and grateful to the mass of doctors, surgeons, nurses, that worked tirelessly to keep me from the grim reaper
    He’ll collect I’m sure, just not yet, thanked god daily
    sorry to offload but there she bee
    thanks all, I’m home in a comfy chair, total trip time 8 days, and got to leave with a quadruple bypass, some aorta shunt, and stuff I don’t understand ( my failing memory was lack of oxy in my brain, as was my anxiety, just grumpy leg shakes etc, all gone, I feel brilliant they had me climbing up and down stairs yesterday, no angina, no gtn spray and chatting to the nurses after 1/2 hour while climbing, I did so well the released me yesterday
    love you lots and there’s nothing you can do about it
    mark

Yay! So glad to hear that you were able to do all the right things.

Dan
    At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

Good to hear of your recovery. I guess it didn't kill you, and instead made you stronger.
      http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
      Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
      USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Thank you gentlemen, I really appreciate your support, getting to the oxy, the anethstist I spoke with asked how I managed to be on oxy at home, so I just fessed up ( it’s illegal what I did, can only be administered by doctors etc) I used deposit paid industrial oxygen, a welding gauge and an argon flow meter to get 4 litres a min at about 1 1/4 bar, his conclusion was if I hadn’t base loaded with plavix and aspirin and went on pure oxy I would not have had an earthly chance of living, even with a defibrillator, unofficially he said he wished more people did what I did and in fact he had not ever had a patient present who had used industrial oxy, only a small cylinder in each house would save tens of thousands, I would like to encourage as many of you as possible to replicate the bits are on eBay, no great cost
        mark

Comment

Wow. You are a smart old guy for sure. I did somewhat the same when I suffered from methylisocyanate poisoning. I cut the hose on my cutting torch rig and sucked on the oxygen till the medics arrived. 17 years ago and still going. Doctors told me I was going to die! Gave me hell for using my shop oxygen, bla bla bla. I figured bad oxygen is better than no oxygen!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

I'm glad you're still here. Not many have the presence of mind under stress to take control like that.

Comment

No one knows what TIA is.
              A good writer considers his audience when composing a narrative.

-D
              DZER

Comment

Glad you made it!
                Thank goodness for having a bottle of O2 around,
                I bet the heart doesn't care where it comes from
                6 hrs is damn quick,
                You must have had some super hero doctors!
                25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post

-D
                  What a dick!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

You're so smart, tell me what TIA is ?

-D
                    DZER

Comment

Good work!! Especially for doing the research and being prepared (was there a reason to expect a heart attack?).

BTW - "industrial" oxygen isn't any different than the medical version. According to a thread on the RCM newsgroup, years ago. One post-er said that he had worked in a bottled gas re-fill facility and all the oxygen came from the same source. Here's the thread: https://groups.google.com/g/rec.craf...m/1gPZ7vQ2BwAJ

Comment

You're so smart, tell me what TIA is ?

-D
                        It doesn't matter - the thread isn't about "TIA"

Comment

-D
                          An intelligent reader looks up to learn what he has read that he doesn't understand. We've all been learning about stuff we didn't know from the time we were born. Well, maybe some stop learning and just kibbitz

TIA is transient ischemic attack - a stroke. A stroke is one of two kinds, a blockage of an artery in the brain by a blood clot or a leakage into the brain as in a burst aneurysm (ballooning artery). I never knew all that before I encountered those terms and made a point of educating myself.
                          "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

Our doozer is right, you must consider the reader’s knowledge in any verbose narrative, I thought I was clear enough in the title, TIA, mini stroke thing, a TIA or transient ischaemic attack, aka Mini stroke, I must apologise for the oversight, I think he ( doozer) is probably a really nice, definitely intelligent guy, sorry
                            we will meet one day I promise but at least I won’t be waiting for your arrival
                            mark

Comment

Glad you're OK.
                              OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

Working...
                              X