Add on to my funny TIA mini stroke ot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
    Wow. You are a smart old guy for sure. I did somewhat the same when I suffered from methylisocyanate poisoning. I cut the hose on my cutting torch rig and sucked on the oxygen till the medics arrived. 17 years ago and still going. Doctors told me I was going to die! Gave me hell for using my shop oxygen, bla bla bla. I figured bad oxygen is better than no oxygen!
    Bruce my friend, you were bloody lucky you had the smarts to do exactly the right thing with what you had, that stuff turns blood to scarlet jello, not many survive, I’m certainly glad you did, the world would be a poorer place without you, I would encourage all us shop beasts to purchase a small oxy bottle, 2 stage guage and argon flow meter, top it off with a disposable NEBULISING mask and hose (eBay pack of 5 was about $7) you can use dry but I prefer to add sterile saline solution, box of 20ml ampoules was 10 pounds, designed to flush **** out your eyes, the nebuliser adds water to the oxy , handy for pneumonia,
    covid, fainting carbon monoxide poisoning ( the only treatment), that glue is cyanide poison the other treatment would be a popper! (Amyl nitrate) snap and sniff, you won’t get a stiffy and may **** yourself but it surprised me sex shops sold cyanide antidote ( does smell of almonds )
    mark

Comment

My interpretations and understandings are absolute.
      It is how my brain works. It makes me come across as a dick
      to people who don't know me. It is also my job at work as an
      engineer at work to question absolutely everything and make
      zero assumptions. Part of product testing and product development.
      I review the designs of other engineers, and run 1000 what-if
      scenarios in my head to try and protect the company from liability
      lawsuits from customers. Kind of like a lawyer with an engineering
      background. I shoot holes in everything. It is not personal with
      anyone who I work with. I am constantly reminding people of that.
      Some people handle the way I analyze things to death better than
      others. So if I do not know what someone means, I ask for clarification.
      And it is an audience thing. I do not talk about engineering when I
      am outside of work. I do not talk about engineering out on a date.
      No one knows my words or terms.
      I am also continuously frustrated by abbreviations and acronyms.
      We have one engineer that constantly refers to printed circuit boards
      as PCBs. I told him they are referred to as PC boards, not PCBs.
      He does not understand why. Young fellow. I told him that if you
      grew up in the 70s and 80s (and before), that you heard the term
      PCB all the time. It stood for polychlorinated biphenols. A chlorinated
      hydrocarbon used in pole transformers, because when you clorinate
      a hydrocarbon, it does not burn as readily. It causes cancer too.
      So for the reason PCBs were always in front of minds in that era.
      Consequently when young engineer talks about PCBs (print circuit
      boards) instead of saying PC boards, I immediately flash back in my
      mind to the PCB oils that were causing cancer in people when I was
      growing up. It is like casually throwing around the rape word in the
      company of women. Not cool to even speak of such things.
      But he does not get it, so I just cringe quietly and suffer his ignorance.
      I guess I should cringe quietly and suffer other peoples ignorance
      more often. Just suck it up and eat it. I am required to do that at work,
      as part of the requirements for me getting paid is to put up with people.
      Basically stop being honest with people and start being nice to people.
      I believe most people (who are not me) just naturally do this. I believe
      it is called making friends. I don't think one can have friends and
      actually be honest with them. Probably why I don't have that many.
      So I did not mean any harm or ill will by asking for clarification as to
      what your acronym was. I really did not know. I am sorry if anyone was
      offended to me asking. I honestly do not know why that was offensive.
      Peace out and good health to you.

---Doozer
      DZER

Comment

Glad you're still with us, Boslab! You went for a hell of a ride on that one! I say - Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you meaner. Best Wishes.
        Kansas City area

Comment

Poor Sian! She has to put up with you laying around and wait on you hand and foot. The woman deserves a medal!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
            Poor Sian! She has to put up with you laying around and wait on you hand and foot. The woman deserves a medal!
            she was more frightened than me I think, she had to get me to the ER, poor girl was physically shaking, teeth chatter and all, I would have been the same if the table was reversed, I don’t think thay make a medal big enough for her imho, she’s feeling better now I’m trapsing round the house with a pair of boxers on, must be a horrific sight, but now I can sit and stand under my own steam, but several other artefacts have materialised, my constant difficulty recalling words an complete absence of time recognition have gone, chest is sore from the sawzall, I got just shy of 400 stitches in the leg, about 40 in the chest also sore but feel great that after the anaesthetic wore off normal services resumed, colour was vivid, sound was crisp, hearing a kind voice was well emotionally overwhelming as I thought this is it mate, where do you go when the stop your heart and lungs, you retreat inside some dark place, but I did perceive the passage of time, real strange, Sian loves helping anyone anywhere, she picks old folks up when she’s out, takes them home, she’s like a tiny 6st angel (wet)
            she asked about you, she said she liked your sense of humour, that makes you an honorary Welshman I suppose!
            mark

Comment

Glad to hear you survived. I suffered a heart attack back in 2013 at age 58. No pain, I just woke up about midnight coughing and couldn't catch my breath. Sat in the living room for an hour, and decided I had pneumonia and woke the wife up to drive me to the hospital 22 miles away. The ER determined I was having a MI, tried cathing me but the blockages were too severe so I had to be moved to a hospital on the other side of town for a quadruple bypass. The doctors and nurses all told me I was lucky to survive. Three weeks and two more ER visits and I was in surgery again to remove my gall bladder that had turned gangrenous! At the time I was working in outside sales, quoting jobs, and I was able to return to work 3/4 time on light duty (inside sales) after 3 months. I know how you feel and it will take time to heal. Take your time and don't rush it. If they offer a cardiac rehab program where you're at, take advantage of it. The doctors told me it would be a year before I was 100% but to be honest it was closer to 16-18 months. Just something for everyone to know, while most people have pain with an MI, not everyone does. If you're having shortness of breath, get checked out. High cholesterol levels are not always present in people who suffer blockages. My cholesterol levels had averaged in the low 130's and had never been above 140 but I still had numerous heart blockages.
              Boslab, I wish you well with your recovery!

Comment

Boslab: Glad to know you beat the grim reaper. Not many would have the presence of mind to do what you did to save yourself. Congrats and get well.
                “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence”

Lewis Grizzard

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post
                  ........................We have one engineer that constantly refers to printed circuit boards as PCBs.........................
                  Yeah, I think that would get under my skin in short order. Totally with you on the PCB oils. I'm of that generation too. It seems like it was just overnight that an obscure yet integral part of our modern world, the transformer, went from total anonymity to the worlds most dangerous thing. I never realized it was possible to accelerate from zero to paranoia so quickly.

Comment

Picking up on the replacement artery from your leg - er- did God put in a spare bit? What happens to the leg with bits missing?
                    I'm allergic to Aspirin, even avoid nutmeg which contains it, will paracetamol do though I assume it is not for pain relief but the artery dilation side effect it is for?

Comment

I have no problem with the term PCB, having been a long time environmentalist as well as electronics engineer having familiarity with PCBs in transformer oil, as well as the more common (in US) printed circuit board. The context should make the meaning clear. I would not expect to have printed circuit boards in my food and water, and certainly I would not solder components to polychlorinated biphenols. And, while we are at it, the "correct" term for the electronics item may be PWB, or printed wiring board, although I have never used it, and I don't consider a PCB to be a completed assembly.

https://absolutepcbassembly.com/pwb-vs-pcb/

We should get used to acronyms and abbreviations, which are ubiquitous in text messages and emails. I've had to google a number of them, like SMH and TLDR, and PEBCAK and PICNIC.

TIA!
                      Last edited by PStechPaul; 07-28-2021, 07:10 PM.
                      http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                      Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                      USA Maryland 21030

Comment

That was pretty quick thinking, Mark! I hope to be able to do the same should the need arise. Around here, medical O2 and industrial is the same thing. Pumped right out of the same bulk liquid tank. The only difference in the end is 'medical grade' fittings and extras on the user end.
                        Southwest Utah

Comment

My initial reason for setting up a couple of O2 bottles, gauges and masks was due to the Kung flu, I spoke to many friends who said that the local gas production plant was struggling as demand for medical gaseous oxygen was starting to show, as one out there correctly asserted the gas was the same but the fittings were different medical oxy was struggling to find bottles to satisfy the health service, I knew the gas was clean, dry, oxygen and industrial oxy bottles were plentiful so I bought 3 deposit paid ( adams gas) 10l tanks, 2 x 2 stage oxy gauges ( Harris) and argon flow rotameters, ok not quite calibrated to oxy but close enough motivated by the so called “pandemic” the oxy shortage was immediately eliminated by the steel plant next door (TATA port Talbot)
                          the said they would shut down the steel plant with immediate effect if the oxy supply chain became compromised, and as I used to be in charge of maintaining the place I knew they weren’t kidding, TATA are pretty special to me, they even supply all the ambulances in India Free of charge!
                          they switched bulk oxy storage for one converter straight over to being available to BOC and health board, our bulk oxy for a converter was 20,000 to 25,000 cubic meters of oxygen per Minute, at mach2 on the oxy Lance tip, a blow was up to 15 mins, that’s 25,000 cubic meters. of oxy for 20 minutes continuously or storage for 500000 cubic meters in fact the oxy gallery of a steel plant can do a million cu meters easilily from the main tanks, the vaporisers are huge but if there’s one thing available in a steel plant it’s heat ( we stacked red hot glowing slabs around the area in the winter, stop the vaporisers freezing.
                          Tata said there would be no shortage, even if the whole steel plant was shut down, and they meant it, they were even ready to stop steel production worldwide to address the shortages in the sub continent
                          mark

Comment

Originally posted by Baz View Post
                            Picking up on the replacement artery from your leg - er- did God put in a spare bit? What happens to the leg with bits missing?
                            I'm allergic to Aspirin, even avoid nutmeg which contains it, will paracetamol do though I assume it is not for pain relief but the artery dilation side effect it is for?
                            My dad had a similar surgery a few yrs ago, they simply do not replace the missing bits. It heals shut, and the blood re-routes itself via another path.. There are no extra parts, only parts that are not so critical.
                            25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Whew, good on ya' for getting a head start on treating it before you left! I really feel you on the pain, mine is chronic. Going on 20 years now. It's a whole LOT of no fun. But I endure. Glad that you do too!

Comment

Originally posted by eKretz View Post
                                Whew, good on ya' for getting a head start on treating it before you left! I really feel you on the pain, mine is chronic. Going on 20 years now. It's a whole LOT of no fun. But I endure. Glad that you do too!
                                Have you had a bypass or shunt fitted?, if no then get yourself a small oxy bottle, guage, flow meter and nebulising mask, if yes do the same!, can you get plavix?, if you can get the base loading amount (300mg) if you can’t please pm me your address and I’ll post some to you, tab is 75mg so you need 4, I have loads as I was on it daily, I’m not on it at the moment, please it’s no bother but if your in pain, angina present it’s only going to get worse, as for aspirin it’s better to take it and to hell with the side effects than die, I certainly would be unhappy if you did, were all a broken dysfunctional family here so pm me I’ll get the pills you need to you by snail mail as it’s legal to post them, same applies to anyone else who thinks they’re at risk, just tell me where you are, I’ll do the rest, I proved the theory, had a good positive outcome and even have the professor of the health trusts comment that if everyone did what I did she would not have to “call it” when your irretrievable dead, take care
                                mark

Comment

Working...
                                X