No announcement yet.

OT: Tresspassers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you plow some loose soil so the cars get stuck? Then you can charge them a nominal fee (100 Euro? in advance) to pull them out. Only works if you know how to get around it.

Mike

Comment

There are a lot of trespassers coming across the southern border of the US.

Comment

Originally posted by jocat54-1 View Post
        Please note the forum rules: political posts are not allowed here.

-js
        There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Stewart View Post
          Please note the forum rules: political posts are not allowed here.-js
          What, exactly, is political about a statement of fact?

Southwest Utah

Comment

Originally posted by chipmaker4130 View Post

What, exactly, is political about a statement of fact?
            You're serious? If so, I must conclude that you're surprisingly naive...

-js
            There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

Years ago a friend of mine owned a Auto salvage yard in Idaho. He had several hundred Thirties, Forties and Fifties model cars, and was always being the victim of "midnight auto sales" people and unwanted trespassers. Then an old farmer told him to buy a couple dozen Geese and turn them loose in his salvage yard, they keep the weeds down and VERY effective in running off unwanted guests. He did and the midnight auto sale stopped almost immediately. He said he could hear the geese startup a racket and people hollering whenever any one came aboard with out permission. He kept a couple old pickup trucks for his customers to drive down through the yard to look for parts along with the warning to get back in the pickup if the geese spotted them.

I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.
              Oregon Coast

Comment

Matter of fact--didn't mean for a political statement--Sorry.

Comment

Well, perhaps I am naive, but I took it as a simple statement of fact.

Now, what I do think is political is accusing someone of being political when they are only stating facts. All too often, those who seek to call out others are, themselves, guilty of the very offense they accuse those others of.

And yes, I know this can go round and round so don't bother.

Matter of fact--didn't mean for a political statement--Sorry.
                  Paul A.
                  SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
                  You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut View Post
                    Years ago a friend of mine owned a Auto salvage yard in Idaho. He had several hundred Thirties, Forties and Fifties model cars, and was always being the victim of "midnight auto sales" people and unwanted trespassers. Then an old farmer told him to buy a couple dozen Geese and turn them loose in his salvage yard, they keep the weeds down and VERY effective in running off unwanted guests. He did and the midnight auto sale stopped almost immediately. He said he could hear the geese startup a racket and people hollering whenever any one came aboard with out permission. He kept a couple old pickup trucks for his customers to drive down through the yard to look for parts along with the warning to get back in the pickup if the geese spotted them.
                    a

A lot of folks are scared of geese, but a boot isn't and the geese don't like it. They are great alarms though, I think even the Romans are said to have used them.

A drugstore outside of Cleveland Oh had trouble with "midnight sales". They got 3 caimans, basically like a 24 inch alligator. No more problems. I've been to it, and saw the lizards, so it's not just a story.
                    Last edited by J Tiers; 07-30-2021, 11:19 PM.
                    4357 2773 5647 3671 3645 0087 1276

CNC machines only go through the motions

"There's no pleasing these serpents"......Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Baz View Post
                      No not legal in the UK but loads of low life who take advantage and too many woke liberals who support them. At least in the National Park (outside my back door) you are not supposed to camp within sight of a house or light a fire at all.
                      I thought there were "rights of way" across otherwise private land that have existed for hundreds of years, and are legally protected? Not true any more?

Comment

Jerry, yes you are right. There are footpaths and bridleways across which anyone can walk at any time but you must stay to the footpath. The so called Right to Roam does exist but only in open parts of the country so in moorland and on mountains, basically where land is not enclosed. There are also differences in law between the various countries for example trespass as a legal entity does not exist in Scotland.
                        West Sussex UK

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
                          You all know how much I dislike tresspassers on my property I think. Manure spreader and all. A friend sent this picture to me. Perfect.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tresspassers.jpg
Views:	2357
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	1953712
                          Haaa! Made My Day.. Needed a lil humor. Thanks F. JR

Comment

I've often thought of erecting a sign that states:

No Trespassing. Violators remains will never be found.

Comment

Or: Violators ashes will be scattered in the river.

Comment

S. S. S.

Jl.............
                                Last edited by JoeLee; 07-31-2021, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X