• Show
Clear All

Trespassers Will Be Violated!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeL46 View Post
      Trespassers Will Be Violated!
      My all time favorite!

Comment

In another 3 or 4 yrs, when I retire to to a nicer part of England, the sign on my gate will simply say...

Guests are welcome.

Trespassers will be shot.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I like to keep these things simple.

Comment

The rights of way / footpaths mentioned earlier were almost always from a farm to the village (pub/church) or the next farm (relative) established hundreds of years ago, probably before the fields were enclosed. They were never intended for the public in general and until maybe 150 years ago there were rarely any visitors or tourists to take advantage.

Comment

I need new signs. Maybe something like this would work.

Cannibal Farm
            Tresspassers will be hunted and eaten!
            Young fit bike riders preferred

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Kind of funny.

I thought you folks grew up just as poor as my self.

Geuss not. The radish and corn farmer would come running out of his shedd just to shoot rock salk from his shot gun, at us. Corn and radishes. We were etinng them in the ferild because we were hungry. We already heard about the farmer and his rock salt shotgun. Yeah, so we stayed away from that.

Hahaha. Sttill ate. radishes and raw corn. Good times... JR

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                a

A lot of folks are scared of geese, but a boot isn't and the geese don't like it. They are great alarms though, I think even the Romans are said to have used them.

A drugstore outside of Cleveland Oh had trouble with "midnight sales". They got 3 caimans, basically like a 24 inch alligator. No more problems. I've been to it, and saw the lizards, so it's not just a story.
                You just need to get the right kind of geese. There's a breed known as Embden giant geese - a big male can stand five feet tall and isn't scared of anything. My grandmother had them in her yard and I remember the grief she got when one killed her neighbor's full grown German shepard. No one, and I mean no one, ever came into the yard more than once without my gmom protecting them.

Comment

There is a military base that uses 10,000 geese as perimeter guards. No one goes through or over the perimeter fences unannounced! They claim they are much more effective than guards with dogs and need no training.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

I went to a farm to buy a bull. There was a pond there with geese on it. My wife said while I talked business with the farmer she would go down to the pond. The next thing I see is her dancing around with her arms over her head. She ended up with black and blue pinch marks all over her body. I ended up with a story to tell and the bull. That was a good bull.

Comment

There was a machinery dealer in my area that had geese to guard the property. They did a good job.
                      Nev.

Comment

New signs on order to go next to my no tresspassing signs. Click image for larger version

Name:	private property sign.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1965817

Comment

Shouldn't that read something like:

Der Eigentümer ist Texaner, apathisch, ungeduldig und irgendwie verrückt. Wenn du nicht mit Scheiße bedeckt sein willst, schlage ich vor, dass du dich jetzt umdrehst.

Comment

Originally posted by Joel View Post
                            Shouldn't that read something like:

Der Eigentümer ist Texaner, apathisch, ungeduldig und irgendwie verrückt. Wenn du nicht mit Scheiße bedeckt sein willst, schlage ich vor, dass du dich jetzt umdrehst.
                            Yes except one would use sie not du. du is the familiar. German grammar is really difficult for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Stewart View Post

Please note the forum rules: political posts are not allowed here.

-js
                              He wasn't violating the no politics rule, it's not political it's racist. Try and get it right.
                              The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

The sign's designer was lazy: he copied and flipped the drawing without fixing the incident-light angle:
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	image_19526.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	1965863

Comment

Working...
                                X