Harrison Lathe Bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrison Lathe Bearings

I am trying to find some repalcement bearings for my 13" Harrison Lathe. They are FBC brand, made in England. I am looking for a matchup for a MS11 - 1 1/8 bore, and a MJT 1 1/8. Any suggestions.

Pat

If you know the OD and the width/height as well as the ID then any good bearing stockist should be able to match them for you. I'm guessing they are too old to have any modern reference numbers stamped on them?

FWIW this link http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/mjt...06-p-5023.html has an MJT 1 1/8" (ID) but IMO they are far too expensive to buy from

Peter

Comment

You don't say where you are, but I would have thought a good bearing house anywhere would be able to tell you what locally available equivalents are. I have a feeling MJT are a split thrust bearing, if so it might be a bit hard to find and expensive.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Shuswap Pat
        I am trying to find some repalcement bearings for my 13" Harrison Lathe. They are FBC brand, made in England. I am looking for a matchup for a MS11 - 1 1/8 bore, and a MJT 1 1/8. Any suggestions.

Pat
        If you are truly living in -around the shuswap area, try a bearing supply house, perhaps in Kamloops? if not Calgary has several, and of course Vancover. Measure your bearings metrically to minimize the confusion.

Comment

MS and MTJ series are Imperial bearings

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Harrison Lathe Bearings

Thanks for the info gentlemen. I haven't been able to cross match these with the NTN, SKF, and FAG catalouges I have. Any body got any suggestions for Canadian suppliers?
            Pat

Comment

bearing supplier

"suggestions for Canadian suppliers"

Perhaps the best supplier in Canada is Kinecor
              See:
              http://www.kinecor.com

Take careful measurements and give the measurements along with any bearing numbers etc to Kinecor and they should come up with the correct bearings for you.
              take care
              eddie
              please visit my webpage:
              http://motorworks88.webs.com/

Comment

The MS11 bearing cross references to FAG MS11, NH MS11, RHP MJ 1.1/8",
                RIV PB-9, SKF RMS-9, STEYR RMS9.
                Google has the answers.The MJT 1.1/8" bearing is an angular contact,2.13/16" O.D.,13/16" wide.
                Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark McGrath
                  The MJT 1.1/8" bearing is an angular contact,2.13/16" O.D.,13/16" wide.
                  Mark
                  By odd coincidence the same as used for the front main bearing of a 1930's Austin Seven.

Charles

Comment

Working...
                  X