Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting heavy stuff on the trailer when the cherry picker isnt here.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Getting heavy stuff on the trailer when the cherry picker isnt here.

    My favorite tool in the shop! The hoist! Works very well for getting heavy stuff on and off trailers as well!



    I like to have a bit more over hang but that wasnt an option this time.

    Andy

  • #2
    I'm partial to this one myself. It's only good for about 1,500 pounds max though.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210614_144041.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	4.93 MB
ID:	1954120

    Comment


    • #3
      I use my skid steer(here it is feeding itself) use that AC lift for small jobs goes up about 18 ft. and have yet to need the car lift for anything other than cars and trucks. Had an old forklift there lift capacity is amazing but needed too much work to make it right. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200415_134626.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	2.65 MB
ID:	1954157
      Attached Files
      Ed
      Agua Dulce, So.California
      1950 F1 street rod
      1949 F1 stock V8 flathead
      1948 F6 350 chevy/rest stock, no dump bed
      1953 chevy 3100 AD for 85 S10 frame have a 4BT cummins motor, NV4500
      1968 Baha Bug with 2.2 ecotec motor, king coil-overs,P/S

      Comment


      • #4
        We use the car lift as an overhead winch when loading heavy items

        Comment


        • #5
          Yeah i was thinking sling a heavy item over a 4x4 or 2x6 across the sides of hoist and drive under...it to load .. not sure hiw high it lifts..

          Comment


          • #6
            My Sidney lathe was loaded with a car lift. Had it on in <15 mins.
            21" Royersford Excelsior CamelBack Drillpress Restoration
            1943 Sidney 16x54 Lathe Restoration

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by eKretz View Post
              I'm partial to this one myself. It's only good for about 1,500 pounds max though.
              What's the rated capacity of that little loader? 300 lbs? It's definitely punching above its weight.

              Comment


              • #8
                Two 8 foot - 4 inch "I" beams laid down to look like a "H" beams
                Steel Cart with heavy ( Non Caster !) needle bearing wheels
                Come-A-Long
                Load and unload - One Man !
                Brown & Sharpe # 2 grinder.
                Bridgeports -- 8 -10 Times
                Tree Mill- 2 Times
                Hurco Mill One time
                Rich

                Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090048.JPG
Views:	280
Size:	3.34 MB
ID:	1954338 Click image for larger version

Name:	Bridgeport Cart 3.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	1954339 Click image for larger version

Name:	PC110247.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	714.7 KB
ID:	1954340 Click image for larger version

Name:	PC110248.JPG
Views:	281
Size:	698.1 KB
ID:	1954341
                Green Bay, WI

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tomato coupe View Post
                  What's the rated capacity of that little loader? 300 lbs? It's definitely punching above its weight.
                  Originally the hydraulic system pressure was under 1,000psi, and the loader was rated for:

                  Lift Capacity:
                  Breakout Force, Bucket Tip (boom cyl) . .1,105 lb. (501 kg)
                  Breakout Force, Bucket Tip (bucket cyl). . .740 lb. (336 kg)
                  Lift Capacity at 36 in . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .640 lb. (290 kg)
                  Lift Capacity at Full Height . . . . . . . . . . . . 365 lb. (166 kg)

                  But I shimmed the relief valve a bit (2,000 psi) and now it's good for considerably more. I had to get some stiffer front tires and always use a lot of ballast though. And keep the load low when it's a heavy one. Much more useful now. Before I did that I was looking hard for something with a little more oomph. Now it's got more than enough for the size of the machine. When it's all ballasted out and with me on the machine it's at a total weight of around 2,500 pounds, and can just get 1,500 off the ground a foot or two. It can take 1,000 almost all the way up. I don't push it that hard much though - but it's nice to be able to when I need it.

                  Comment


                  • #10


                    Originally posted by eKretz View Post

                    Originally the hydraulic system pressure was under 1,000psi, and the loader was rated for:

                    Lift Capacity:
                    Breakout Force, Bucket Tip (boom cyl) . .1,105 lb. (501 kg)
                    Breakout Force, Bucket Tip (bucket cyl). . .740 lb. (336 kg)
                    Lift Capacity at 36 in . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .640 lb. (290 kg)
                    Lift Capacity at Full Height . . . . . . . . . . . . 365 lb. (166 kg)

                    But I shimmed the relief valve a bit (2,000 psi) and now it's good for considerably more. I had to get some stiffer front tires and always use a lot of ballast though. And keep the load low when it's a heavy one. Much more useful now. Before I did that I was looking hard for something with a little more oomph. Now it's got more than enough for the size of the machine. When it's all ballasted out and with me on the machine it's at a total weight of around 2,500 pounds, and can just get 1,500 off the ground a foot or two. It can take 1,000 almost all the way up. I don't push it that hard much though - but it's nice to be able to when I need it.
                    Not bad at all for a little tractor. Everyone needs a crane on offroad wheels.

                    Dad's got a workout this weekend playing with isuzus. Had to lockout all the cylenders to keep them from sagging though.

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	lifting cab.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	483.9 KB
ID:	1954369

                    Heaviest thing it has lifted with a known weight was his Lagun lathe, at probably 2700ish lbs with parts removed.

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2021-08-01-18h51m33s990.png
Views:	279
Size:	2.80 MB
ID:	1954368
                    21" Royersford Excelsior CamelBack Drillpress Restoration
                    1943 Sidney 16x54 Lathe Restoration

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Neighbors

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Gantry Crane

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Have used masonary scaffold with sufficient beamage on top quite a few times. Two or more stations high,leaving one bttm side brace off to back truck or trailer under. Especially useful for tall slender pieces.

                          Not really an "endorsement" as much as a,trick up your sleeve bit. Can also raise/lower pieces down a stairwell if you have the overhead clearance.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            My hoist came in very handy when I had to get this Milling Machine off the trailer.

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Hoist.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	1954631

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X