Compressor PN# Cross Reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compressor PN# Cross Reference

I need to replace the crank shaft oil seal on my Campbell Hausfeld compressor. It's probably a standard size seal. Not sure about the ID /OD until I at least pull the flywheel.
    Probably 1" ID.

All I have is the Campbell Hausfeld PN# ST021600AV. Any way to cross this to like a National seal etc. I'm guessing this is their internal PN#

JL................

No luck on my end Joe.Tried to cross reference but as you say it's CH's number and no one else. It shouldn't be a hard one to source locally.
    Lots of pictures of that seal but it's almost like no one wants you to see the identifying oil seal manufacturer's number as every photo of that seal is of the inside seal surface, not the outside metal side with the numbers. Hmm, wonder what that's all about? LOL
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

CH seal: https://www.ebay.com/itm/26092614249...cAAOxylpNTVZMG
      and this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/28410052130...cAAOSwXE5fxpe4
      Seller also has CH pump gasket kits.

Comment

http://www2.chicago-rawhide.com/popu...kup_457012.htm

Try this one. Type in 21600AV. Might be right might not. Only cross I could come up with. 7410 is skf number
        Last edited by Captain K; 08-01-2021, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy View Post
          No luck on my end Joe.Tried to cross reference but as you say it's CH's number and no one else. It shouldn't be a hard one to source locally.
          Lots of pictures of that seal but it's almost like no one wants you to see the identifying oil seal manufacturer's number as every photo of that seal is of the inside seal surface, not the outside metal side with the numbers. Hmm, wonder what that's all about? LOL
          Thanks for trying Willy. Not the first time I've run across stuff like this. I know I could order one but would rather get one from the local bearing supply store. He may not have it and don't want to wait a week with this sitting on the bench in pieces.
          If I pull the flywheel I can measure the shaft and the OD.

And your right on no one showing a picture of the out side. Lots of pics show up with that PN# but they are all inside views. that right there tells you it's a common off the shelf seal.

I think this is the one but I can't read all the numbers. I can see 6.35 which is probably the thickness 1/4".
          https://www.bettervac.com/prodimages...T129700AVb.jpg

JL............
          Last edited by JoeLee; 08-01-2021, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain K View Post
            http://www2.chicago-rawhide.com/popu...kup_457012.htm

Try this one. Type in 21600AV. Might be right might not. Only cross I could come up with. 7410 is skf number
            Nothing found. Thanks anyway.....

JL.............

Comment

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post
              Yeah, and the shipping is almost as much as the seal. Locally probably about $4.
              And I don't have a clue as to who makes the one listed on ebay. I've seen some with a name TOKO or something like that.

JL.............

Comment

Actually the one that Captain K found does look like it may be the right one, .75" shaft size, 1" bore. It does link back to CH for application. You'll have to measure to be sure.

http://www.skfextranet.com/Catalogs/...ail.asp?s=7410

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
                  Yeah, and the shipping is almost as much as the seal. Locally probably about $4.
                  And I don't have a clue as to who makes the one listed on ebay. I've seen some with a name TOKO or something like that.

JL.............
                  If you can get all your gaskets and the seal, just might be worth it. Seller also has ring kits.

Comment

[QUOTE=Willy;n1954322]Actually the one that Captain K found does look like it may be the right one, .75" shaft size, 1" bore. It does link back to CH for application. You'll have to measure to be sure.

http://www.skfextranet.com/Catalogs/...ail.asp?s=7410
                    [/QUOTEThat didn't show up when I clicked on Captain K's link, all I got was a search page. That does look like the seal. Not much difference between ID and OD.

What's the difference between these two oils ?? I'm still trying to narrow down this oil leak. I went through the head and reeds, rings are OK and so is the cylinder wall.

One of the compressor repair places told me that I should be running straight 30 in this pump. I've used straight 30 before but switched back to 10W-40 because the sticker on the tank says to use it. The farm store oil is brown and the Wolfs Head is crystal clear.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20210801-160948.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	1954332

In trying to narrow this leak down I originally thought it was coming up through the crank case breather, so I put a 1 1/2" extension of silicone hose on it. Nothing is coming up through the hose and if it does it'll just run back down into the case, so I've narrowed it down to the crank seal. From what I've been told it's normal for a little to come up through it, but not like what I've been seeing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20210801-161020.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	276.9 KB
ID:	1954333

JL....................

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
                      Nothing found. Thanks anyway.....

JL.............
                      I gave you the seal number you need in the post, and told you how to search for it yourself. Did you not read it?
                      Last edited by Captain K; 08-01-2021, 09:19 PM.

Comment

I gave you the seal number you need in the post, and told you how to search for it yourself. Did you not read it?
                        I typed in all the numbers that's why I didn't work. My mistake.

Thanks, I'll check the local bearing supplier tomorrow.

JL....

Comment

Glad to help. My apologies if my last response was too snarky.

Comment

Glad to help. My apologies if my last response was too snarky.
                            No problem. I was also able to cross the SKF to a National. Only problem, no one locally stocks it. I have one of my sources checking.

JL.............

Comment

After looking at the 7410 SKF oil seal that Captain K found and your compressor, I thought it all looked too familiar.
                              I have a Speedaire twin cyl. compressor that I bought new in the late 70s that I had to replace the oil seal on shortly after I got it, probably about 1980 I think. Got to looking at my seal collection and I still have a couple of the National replacements. The National seal I put in at the time is still working great after all these years so I never needed the extras.

If I remember correctly I sourced them at the time from an automotive parts supplier in Hooterville Canada, so if I can get them from a hick town auto parts store you shouldn't have too much trouble sourcing them locally.
                              Of course that was 40 some years ago when folks actually fixed things and having a working inventory wasn't considered bad business practice.

Comment

Working...
                              X