Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OT] Smart (Cell) Phone upgrade now required - recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul, I have replaced/upgraded phones many times over the years and transferred messages / contacts and apps to the new phone. There are several ways of doing it but google has a backup app preinstalled on most android phones that always worked extremely well. Basically, you backup your old phone info to google and then with the new phone do a restore. The old phone although deactivated on your cell carrier can still backup via WIFI connection. The method always worked extremely well, restored pics, call history, pretty much everything as far as I could tell, no manual transferring was needed.

Comment

I found a Windows App that should be able to back up and restore content on my LG phone, but after installing, it does not show the mobile phone as being connected, although it definitely is.

https://www.lg.com/us/support/help-l...-1438110404543

It says for older devices I might need to use PCsuite, but the link is broken.

I found the Google One app website on my computer, but the browser on the LG phone is too clunky to be of much use. There's really not much else I need from the old phone. I already have copies of pictures, videos, sound files, and contacts.I can manually copy info from messages if needed, but there's really nothing of importance.
      http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
      Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
      USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Apple uses a back up to the Cloud to Restore to the new iPhone 11 I purchased. Zero issues.
        Retired - Journeyman Refrigeration Pipefitter - Master Electrician - Fine Line Automation CNC 4x4 Router

Comment

Originally posted by Glug View Post
          I need a new phone, that isn't loaded with spyware and mandatory apps, but I'm not sure what I'll get. I don't want to make phone configuration etc my life. A decent iphone 6 is cheap at around $50 or less. I've had one for a while but haven't had time to try it.
          Motos come with about as clean an android install as you'll find. Plus they do tricks others can't like shake for flashlight or wobble for camera.

Comment

Originally posted by gellfex View Post

Motos come with about as clean an android install as you'll find. Plus they do tricks others can't like shake for flashlight or wobble for camera.
            configure a few events in the app "Tasker" and you can mimic the shake and wobble on any android.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmyers View Post

configure a few events in the app "Tasker" and you can mimic the shake and wobble on any android.
              Cool. I guess I should have said don't rather than can't.

Comment

When changing phones, samsung has a nice free app to move everything from your old phone to the new one and it works on most droid brands or apple.
                Download samsung smart switch. Works quite slick and seamlessly.

Comment

Working...
                X