Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accessories for a tool & cutter grinder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I took up machining instead of golf as a hobby, thinking golf was too addictive and expensive.

Silly me.

I really don't know weather to thank you for this thread or to curse. But ...

I WANT ONE! AND ALL THE ACCESSORIES, OF COURSE! Perhaps if I sold my house and truck and car. And gave up eating.
    Paul A.
    SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
    You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Well... this has escalated quickly. Today this big box showed up on my front door. What could it be?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210915_174829_resized.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	432.2 KB
ID:	1961481

A box in a box!

Name:	IMG_20210915_174919_resized.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	374.5 KB
ID:	1961482

Ah, there it is:

Name:	IMG_20210915_175113_resized.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	527.9 KB
ID:	1961483

Name:	IMG_20210915_175219_resized.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	592.9 KB
ID:	1961484

So yeah, I'm now the proud owner of an (allegedly) functional powered workhead. It is missing the belt guard and belt, but that's no big deal. The spindle feels free, tight, and smooth, though I haven't put an indicator on it yet. The chuck seems to be in good condition, too.

There are two main issues with it, one major and one minor. The minor issue is that it's a 230V motor; I only have 110 in my shop, so I also ordered a small power transformer to fix that. The major issue is that the underside of the base is heavily rusted. I don't want to alter the surfaces any more than they already have been, so abrasives are out; I think I'm going to try penetrating oil and gentle brushing as a first step, then follow with Evapo-Rust to clean up as much as I can. I may end up scraping the base in before it's all said and done, but more likely (as with too many other projects) it will end up in a state of "eh, good enough to use for most stuff".

Comment

Originally posted by Brian H. View Post
        ... The minor issue is that it's a 230V motor; I only have 110 in my shop, so I also ordered a small power transformer to fix that. ....
        Pretty sure it is a brushed motor and it won't matter running on 110v.
        Not a high HP application.

-D
        DZER

Comment

Working...
        X