Corner rounding inserts and holder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corner rounding inserts and holder.

I thought these might be of interest to some people.

https://nine9.jic-tools.com.tw/corner-rounding.htm

Integrated shank ER holder looks pretty wild

Comment

Very interesting, bookmarked for the future, thanks!

Comment

Looks proprietary and expensive.
        I personally would have a straight shank tool.
        The ER thingy solves a problem that is not there.
        There are no pull-out forces, no need to have a death
        grip on the tool. It adds a lot of time to change the tool.
        Loos to be a Taiwan based company. Maybe if the big
        players like Iscar, Kennametal, and Sandvik had the same
        radius corner insert geometry I would feel more comfortable
        about the supply of getting new inserts being more stable.

-Doozer
        DZER

Comment

They look to be aimed at cnc production use where speed is money.

Comment

Google on "swiftcarb super bee corner rounding inserts". They fit a standard insert milling cutter holder. The ones mentioned are too proprietary in my opinion.

Comment

I've never tried them but do carbide cutters from a wood router work? I imagine they would on aluminum, but on steel? Yeah, they are kind of one and done, but if it is all you can get....

Comment

I use brazed carbide wood router bits of many shapes all the time in my CNC mill. Mostly for aluminum and plastic, but have used them successfully on steel. They are inexpensive and work very well.
                Kansas City area

Comment

Originally posted by gzig5 View Post
                  I've never tried them but do carbide cutters from a wood router work? I imagine they would on aluminum, but on steel? Yeah, they are kind of one and done, but if it is all you can get....
                  Amazingly, yes. They work fantastic on aluminium, and cut through mild steel just fine. You do have to baby them a bit in steel, the relief angles on the cutters make them a bit delicate. Push too hard and they chip. Keep speeds and feeds on the conservative side and you can get some work done

Comment

Same here. On a couple I've cut off the boss that holds the bearing they normally have on the end, so I get a little bit more clearance, but other than that they work very well. I think I have them in 1/8, 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 radius, each was around $5-8 from Amazon.

Comment

Oh you guys are kdding me right?

Corner rounding inserts?

I have 1000s of new in box carbide inserts.

I have zero forming carbide Inserts.

Plenty of forming carbide bars, inserts? Naw.. JR

Comment

Originally posted by mattthemuppet View Post
                        Same here. On a couple I've cut off the boss that holds the bearing they normally have on the end, so I get a little bit more clearance, but other than that they work very well. I think I have them in 1/8, 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 radius, each was around $5-8 from Amazon.
                        In a pinch I've used wood router bits in aluminum and mild steel. Like most everything you get what you pay for. The cheap ones don't last like the high dollar Whiteside and other quality types. The relief angles and helix make a lot of difference as they do in wood.

Comment

these are decent ones, just reduced on Amazon. If you're not in a hurry and aren't super particular about what you're after, you can get some stunning deals on Amazon.

Comment

these are decent ones, just reduced on Amazon. If you're not in a hurry and aren't super particular about what you're after, you can get some stunning deals on Amazon.
                            I didnt see a link or so. The insert doesnt put me off. Its the holder that is what I want to see. Thank . JR

Comment

Oh? FYI? You sound like an Amazon sales Bot. JR

Comment

Working...
                              X