An alternative hand cleaner suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An alternative hand cleaner suggestion

Some time back I bought a 3 pack of Dove brand "deep moisture" body wash from Costco because they didn't have my usual liquid hand soap in stock.

In using it for a few months now I've found that a grape sized dollop of the stuff on an oily/greasy black palm and rubbed full strength into the black mess then adding a touch of water and lathering it up then a little more water and finally rinsing left my hands totally grease free to both eyes and nose. No slight odor like I get with GoJo or the citrus based hand cleaners.

Just something to consider as an alternative if the situation comes up. And you're welcome....

UPC code on the product I've got is 11111...12425....7 for the last run of the digits. Not sure if the spaced to the right edge "7" means anything or not but there ya go.
    Last edited by BCRider; 09-09-2021, 03:49 PM.
    Chilliwack BC, Canada

Great tip.

Thanks.
    Paul A.
    SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
    You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Odd I have dove hand wash in the kitchen, it gets fish stink off too, must try grease when I’m finally allowed to use the shop, I’m not trusted at the moment after surgery, I’m regarded as a liability and rightly so, good tip
      mark

Comment

It's available at the local Walmart, I'm going to grab some, thanks for the heads up!

Jerry

Comment

I use Rath's PR88. It's actually a barrier cream but it makes for a fantastic hand cleaner and smells like marzipan too
          Peter - novice home machinist, modern motorcycle enthusiast.

Denford Viceroy 280 Synchro (11 x 24)
          Herbert 0V adapted to R8 by 'Sir John'.
          Monarch 10EE 1942

Comment

Originally posted by Peter. View Post
            I use Rath's PR88. It's actually a barrier cream but it makes for a fantastic hand cleaner and smells like marzipan too
            Back when I used barrier cream when disposable gloves were not easily found I too found that it worked well for keeping the dirt out of the skin and washing it away easily.

If using solvents or a lot of oil I tend to use disposable gloves these days. But when working on just dirty machinery that would tend to rip the thin gloves too easily I don't bother.

I have to admit that the marzipan side effect sounds tempting....
            Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by boslab View Post
              .......I’m regarded as a liability and rightly so, good tip
              mark
              I don't have a wife to remind me of this. But I've got a few helpful (?) friends that go to great lengths to fill that void and steadily remind me of my similar status......

Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

Ordinary hand soap on your hands and sprinkle a little borax or boraxo. Removes pretty much everything. Leaves only the soap smell, if there is one.

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post

I don't have a wife to remind me of this. But I've got a few helpful (?) friends that go to great lengths to fill that void and steadily remind me of my similar status......
                  your not on your own, I’ll be thinking about you, please look after yourself, I mean properly not our manly version, which I’ve been told is bat **** bonkers btw
                  trouble is you keep forgetting your limitations, I ended up poking a pacing wire back into my chest ( I’m going to have to get it trimmed, they pulled one out but left one in that’s a bit tangled round ribs or somthing, bloody ((literally)) nuisance
                  promise pinky swear you won’t try lugging a bloody big Chuck/dividing head/rotary table about!
                  mark

Comment

This UPC 011111124257 will bring up the Dove product.

Gary Davison
                    Tarkio, Mo.

Comment

Try eating a Burger King Whopper and some greasy french fries
                      if you have dirty hands. Nothing gets the black oily grease off better
                      than a burger bun and fresh french fries. Truth. Just wipe your hands
                      with napkins after as you usually would, and you will be amazed how
                      much black grease comes off on the napkins afterwords.

---Doozer
                      DZER

Comment

Two twenty ounce bottles for twenty bucks at Wally World.
                        Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post
                          Try eating a Burger King Whopper and some greasy french fries
                          if you have dirty hands. Nothing gets the black oily grease off better
                          than a burger bun and fresh french fries. Truth. Just wipe your hands
                          with napkins after as you usually would, and you will be amazed how
                          much black grease comes off on the napkins afterwords.

---Doozer
                          That's very true. Especially the french fry oil. But I'm not keen on chowing down on machine muck myself... But hey, you do you!
                          Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

Reminds of my grandpa eating fresh buttered corn on the cob in field when I was a kid. It looked like he was eating a lump of coal

Comment

Nice tip!

I've found using regular hand soap with a scrub brush gets my hands clean of gunk without being as harsh as some of the specialty products.

Comment

Working...
                              X