Tool grinder? Im not sure. SRD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool grinder? Im not sure. SRD

I have been cleaning the garage still, painful. I hate cleaning day, week...

I came across this grinding thing. I am usually pretty good about info on grinding tools. And I found a bunch of useless info. No real operating info.

Thats what I was looking for. How do I make it go lol

It has a nice motor that works, the sliding surfaces slide.

Id like to know how to use it. Its heavy cast iron. The base is case iron. And the motor is nice.

The small cup wheel on it might not be what what Ill be using.. CBN

So anyway!! So. How do I operate it please? Thanks again, JR

Pictures?? What do you mean pictures? The folks here said they dont like the pictures. It overloads the system.

Yeah, F That!!

Pics hahaa...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210911_195142.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	2.50 MB
ID:	1960962 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210911_195154.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	3.13 MB
ID:	1960963

Name:	20210911_195213.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	2.85 MB
ID:	1960964

Send more pictures . You need to stand back a bit. They are too close up.

Comment

Probably be able to get enough information to work it by looking at the manual for a similar tool. Grizzly sells a drill grinder that looks somewhat similar, and you can download the manual from their website, probably get you in the ballpark: https://www.grizzly.com/products/gri...-grinder/g0686

Comment

Originally posted by plunger View Post
        Yeah, ok, I get it. I was a lil tight for those three shots.

You gotta know. The pics dont just drop in my lap right?

You shoot the item.

And again, five more time.

Then you send it for edit with adobe or send it raw.

Always raw for HSM. Even that takes time.

I have to email the pic to my email, then name it when downloading it into a new folder. Then find the pic when within the BBS to up load it there.

When HSM BBS goes belly up and they dont host our pics anymore we are phuckin doomed. JR

Anyway... Like these pictures. Thats as far away as I can get dude!/ I might be a lil fat so!! JR

Name:	20210912_005904.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	3.05 MB
ID:	1960972

Name:	20210912_005912.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	2.94 MB
ID:	1960973

Comment

Google "SRD Drill Pointer DG76M". It's right on the nameplate. You'll find some stuff. Especially on the Vintage Machinery website.

Comment

Without all the other accessories it's probably pretty useless.

Comment

Originally posted by luthor View Post
              Without all the other accessories it's probably pretty useless.
              That was my opinon also. I dont think it has any accessor izes, they never did,, Hahaa, You dont know this machine, ,

Its a plane Jane grinder that I would like to put a CBN wheel on and figure out the operation of the phuckin tp see? Any help? No?

Then listen up is what I do.. JR

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26525339825...6&toolid=10001
                Nev.

Comment

Thats fast. Thanks. I read the add. Not much about how ro set the tool post up really. Thanks Ill get there. JR

Comment

[QUOTE=JRouche;n1960978]

That was my opinion also. I dont think it has any accessor izes, they never did,, Hahaa, You dont know this machine, ,

It seems that JR doesn't know his own machine.

I have no idea what the other 2 statements are about???

Comment

Some people can send pics while multi tasking like cooking and having a chat on their phone at the same time. Im just messing with you. It sometimes takes me longer to load pics on the forum than it does to do the actual machining.

Comment

Originally posted by plunger View Post
                        That's actually a good tip. I used to hate close up pics on a vehicle, when someone was trying to show what it is they were trying to fix. Had no idea which part of the vehicle I was looking at sometimes. Needed more of the surrounds to identify the area and work out if I needed to stand on my head and view them or not.
                        Nev.

Comment

I can't really visualize this thing in action. So I found this. Looks like a newer model but same concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnnDH8ovT5s

JL...................
                          Last edited by JoeLee; 09-12-2021, 08:34 AM.

Comment

After watching the video which was well done, it works as I had figured it did. The relief is controlled by adjusting the height of the bit in relation to the center line of the wheel which is going to change with each size bit. It's also full contact grinding of the one side of the point. Seems like that would generate a lot of heat. I have to wonder how well the point centers up.
                            This is the first I've seen if this type of sharpener. Makes the Drill Doctor look simple.

JL.................

Comment

I have had a few drill grindrs Black diamond,lisle 9100,Dearx M5 still have,drill doctor,SRD and a few others. one I liked the best is the Black dimond worst is the drill doctor.easty to use is the SRD all you need to line up the drill with the lines on the chuck and drind the drill ken

Comment

Working...
                              X