Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT, Anyone ever bought a car from Carvana?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT, Anyone ever bought a car from Carvana?

I'm highly skeptical...any real world experiences?

Well, I sold my pickup to Carvana. It went exactly like they said it would go. So far I trust them more than the local dealership.

Mike

Comment

A friend's daughter bought a car from them and was perfectly happy as far as I know.

Comment

I have not, but there is nothing worse than dealing with a car salesman or dealer.

Comment

No, but 5 years ago I bought a used truck online from a local-ish dealer (30 miles away) sight unseen. I've been nothing but happy with it, no problems and exactly what I wanted. That was 5 years ago, I have put 70,000 mi on it since then. I have put a brake job and 4 new tires in that time (to be expected). It now has 120k miles still trouble free.
          Last edited by nickel-city-fab; 09-13-2021, 10:50 AM.
          25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

I bought my Jetta Sportwagen almost 1 year ago today. they delivered right to my door and it was exactly as described. I'd do it again.

Comment

It's sight unseen thing that bothers me the most. Good to hear one success story, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by sandiapaul View Post
                It's sight unseen thing that bothers me the most. Good to hear one success story, thanks!
                Being that it was from an area dealer (corporate dealer, not an independent) makes it go a bit better --
                they pretty much *have* to make sure it's good. And they did. That's what I was relying on.
                25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

they're pretty particular about what they buy (mostly off lease 3yr old vehicles) and they have the cost of the free return over their heads if you're not satisfied. The big draw is that they post a price and that's what you pay (plus tax and registration). We checked out a car they had when we were looking and it's really straightforward. If you like it, you can buy it, if you don't, that's cool too. If they had what we ended up looking for we probably would have gone with them. We ended up with a Toyota dealer (buying a 2nd hand Honda, go figure) and had to fight them tooth and nail to get all the nonsense extras taken off. Ended up taking out my wife's phone, opening the bank account and adding up all the funds = that's what we'll pay. Hard ball negotiation without a doubt. Carvana starts off a bit higher in price than the dealer posted prices, but they'll probably end up the same or less after all the extra crap is added on.

Comment

I'm sure you pay a little more, but it's worth not having the dealership hassle to me. Also, I like how these are former lease vehicles. My jetta had been maintained on schedule because of it, all of it documented, and some common issues, like the sun roof leaking because of a drain issue, had already been found and fixed. They provide the carfax report when you get the vehicle, although you could always get that before hand.

Comment

100% agree with the less hassle thing. The Toyota dealer wanted to charge us $1000 for maintenance done to the vehicle since they got it and claimed they'd installed 4 new tires. The tires had a few thousand miles on them already and all they did was change the oil and filter. Then there's the GPS tracker, the nitrogen filled tires etc etc.

Comment

I have not bought from them... However I have sold to them...
                        Went better then expected...Very smooth and hassle free experience...
                        My single OVAL experience was GREAT

Comment

Nitrogen filled tires... Oi. 😂 P.T. Barnum would be proud.

Comment

We bought a new SUV in '17, probably our last. But they mentioned they used nitrogen to fill tires. Who wants to purchase or rent a tank and pay for nitrogen just to reduce the moisture in the tires?

When new tires are installed, do they evacuate the air out, like a refrigeration system, then fill with nitrogen?

Comment

Working...
                            X