Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Funniest thing ever at a restaurant tonight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Funniest thing ever at a restaurant tonight.

My wife and daughter were gone for three days. They came home late this afternoon and I took them out to dinner at a restaurant about 10km away from us. When we were ready to order the waitress told us they were out of salad and french fries! OK no problem we ordered other things. Two minutes later the owner of the restaurant came up to my wife and asked her if we had any makings for salad at home and french fries. She said she knew we had a big kitchen and big refrigerators! How she knew that is still unknown. Bottom line we called back to the house and had one of our workers bring 15 kilos of frozen french fries and 20 cucumbers and several heads of different kinds of lettuce. A box of tomatoes also. The owner was very grateful. Strangest thing that ever happened to me at a restaurant. We don't eat there often and don't know the owners but she knew who we were and we ´were happy to help her out. Crazy!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Well hopefully they will look out for you now. After all, one good turn deserves another.
    West Sussex UK

Comment

That’s cool

Comment

Reminds me of traveling on the West Coast of New Zealand in 1977. Me and my mate Graham were on motorcycles (XL 250 and XL175). We stopped at a Chinese takeaway in Hokitika and ordered fried rice. They were out of fried rice!
        Allan Ostling

Phoenix, Arizona

Comment

I know your a big ol softy from expirence, I would have expected nothing less, well done
          mark

Comment

Deleted... inappropriate attempt at humor
            Last edited by DrMike; 09-12-2021, 10:19 PM.
            SE MI, USA

Comment

That is more creepy than funny....

Comment

Originally posted by DrMike View Post
                Did you ask your wife WHY the restaurant owner knew that you had big kitchens and refrigerators?

There might be WAY more going on here than just making salads.
                Just sayin’
                I am not sure what you are inferring but the restaurant owner is a woman.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

One of my co-workers and I decided to order pizza for lunch one day from the Dominoes right across from our shop. When Kevin called in our order they said that they couldn't make pizza as they didn't have any dough! I have no clue why they even bothered to open up! They went out of business a few months later.

Comment

Walked into a Taco Bell once and was told they were out of refried beans! C'mon. This was long before Covid & supply issues.

Comment

What a wonderful way to help someone out.
                      At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

Originally posted by DrMike View Post
                        Did you ask your wife WHY the restaurant owner knew that you had big kitchens and refrigerators?

There might be WAY more going on here than just making salads.
                        Just sayin’
                        Not nice to ask this.

-D
                        DZER

Comment

When it's Doozer telling you not to be a dick... well, might want to listen.
                          21" Royersford Excelsior CamelBack Drillpress Restoration
                          1943 Sidney 16x54 Lathe Restoration

Comment

Originally posted by The Metal Butcher View Post
                            When it's Doozer telling you not to be a dick... well, might want to listen.
                            Dingdingding!

Doozer, I'm a fan of yours, BTW...
                            There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

Interesting story. And very nice of you to help out.

I wonder if a restaurant here in the states would be allowed to serve food that they had obtained in that manner. But my family owns an old restaurant in New Orleans and they had stories to tell about getting some items during the great depression. I guess restaurants are allowed to locally source some items.

And then, there is always the famous "Road Kill Cafe". "You kill it, we grill it."
                              Paul A.
                              SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
                              You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Working...
                              X