Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Funniest thing ever at a restaurant tonight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Black Forest;n1961234]
    Originally posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post

Some people need to get out more!
    No it's just that some people grew up in a city where people don't even know the neighbors. :-)
    ...lew...

Comment

[QUOTE=Lew Hartswick;n1961253][QUOTE=Black Forest;n1961234]

No it's just that some people grew up in a city where people don't even know the neighbors. :-)
      ...lew...[/QUOTE

Have really seen neighbours pull together at times when a tragic accident occurs.Was a local farmer that had a severe accident prior to harvest and when weather allowed a huge Army of Trucks,Combine Harvesters and Grain Carts got his crop in the bin.Even Farm Machinery Dealers donated some Machines to assist in getting the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post

We have a great cook on staff so we don't need her to come and cook. We expect no "return". Is was done as a friendly gesture to help someone out.
        BF I think that's awesome but putting myself in the restaurants owners shoes I cannot imagine the "gall" and "audacity" that took as to me it's really putting someone on the spot...

If at the very least I felt compelled to be forced to have to go that route it would have been accompanied with an explanation of how I would not accept anything unless you brought your entire family back for a meal and fine bottle of wine on the house,

actually cannot even imagine doing that --- I think id just take it on the chin and try to keep better stock in the kitchen so I don't run out of the essentials...

Lets hope that nobody gets sick on any of the food you supplied or U know who's going to be the one liable... I know - sad day and age but would not count that one out...
        Last edited by A.K. Boomer; Yesterday, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post

BF I think that's awesome but putting myself in the restaurants owners shoes I cannot imagine the "gall" and "audacity" that took as to me it's really putting someone on the spot...

If at the very least I felt compelled to be forced to have to go that route it would have been accompanied with an explanation of how I would not accept anything unless you brought your entire family back for a meal and fine bottle of wine on the house,

actually cannot even imagine doing that --- I think id just take it on the chin and try to keep better stock in the kitchen so I don't run out of the essentials...

Lets hope that nobody gets sick on any of the food you supplied or U know who's going to be the one liable... I know - sad day and age but would not count that one out...
          Really man?

Someone comes to you asking for help after the last couple years we've all been through and your first response is to make a list of demands? I'm sure that the restaurant owner will repay BF somehow, that's the way these things work. I've been in a similar spot helping out a local restaurant and it's just what you do to be a good neighbour. I didn't expect to be repaid, but was very appreciative when it did happen. We don't keep lists of who owes what around here, we just help out as needed.

As far as being put on the spot, I'm sure it's an instance where the owner saw them and the idea to ask came to mind at that point. Remember, Germans tend to be very forward people - no fear of telling things as they are. Don't ask, don't receive. These past years have been humbling for a few of us, we could all probably admit to needing help at one point or another.

With regards to the food - it's Germany, not the US. Different set of rules, different viewpoints on responsibility. Plus, if BF is serving the general public out of his kitchen I'm sure it's kept up to a cleanliness and food handling standard as set by government officials and sending food out of a kitchen like that is a bit different than sending food out of your personal kitchen. Probably things such as temperature logs, and logs showing when and where the food was received from.
          Cayuga, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I would bet your right Tom, I Know BF did not do this in expecting anything back in return, but can you imagine asking of this and then just expecting it without ever repaying? that's what im bringing up, but then again I was raised to be fiercely independent to the point of spitting blood first before even thinking of asking for any kind of help,

so I would expect we here of them compensating - and if not ? sorry I do not think a whole lot of them...

as far as Germany being more lenient with certain things yeah maybe but keep in mind at least when it comes to the mindset of some of the people not so much so remember? something about one of his workers getting free paid "vacation" for about a year then wanting to sue for not having an additional two weeks stacked on top of it all? that sounds even worse then the good old US of A....

Comment

I don't think she expected anything. She just asked because she had guests at her restaurant that she couldn't serve what they wanted. The guests make the effort to come to her and then they get disappointed. She didn't want to disappoint her guests. She knew who we were and reached out. We were flattered that she felt comfortable enough to ask. People have had a hard time here with the shutdown. Lots of restaurants have remained closed because the owners went broke. It is possible she flat out didn't have enough money to buy enough supplies. Who knows, not me that is for sure. If I can help someone out I am glad to do it. Now if someone tries to take advantage of me that is another story. You all won't believe this but I can be a real hard ass!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

It's tough times that's for sure - and you have absorbed plenty, im not passing any judgement -------- yet lol

the thought has crossed my mind that she's indeed hanging by her fingernails, in which case there's always paper and pencil to write a very appreciative letter on how you literally "saved her bacon" fact is - is in situations like this that's all that would be needed IF you projected the atmosphere that you had zero problem absorbing it,
                im speaking from the restaurant owners perspective and that's even if you specifically told her not to worry about it... just the way I was raised I guess...

I do see allot of good in these trying times - but it is starting to irk me when that good just gets taken for granted...

Comment

Working...
                X