OT Work Fascinates Me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Work Fascinates Me...

I can watch it for hours . See pic ..20 to 25 footers getting humped onto roof the old way ..like we did it..
    So nice to not be on the sweaty end of the stick..
    now i get to sit in a LazeeBoy, sip coffe and watch..
    45 or 48 years ago , when I was a younger fitter buck.. it was Me humping the wood up.. no Zoom Booms, no lifts, no Bobcats, no Stoneslingers.. having a forklift sometimes or even a tractor with forks was an occassional Luxury.
    the only folding cranes around were owned by drywall delivery trucks..
    WE Never felt guilty about accepting our paycheques..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 754; 09-25-2021, 02:01 PM.

This is OT Work

Comment

I love work!!!

I can watch other people do it all day long.
      The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Originally posted by 754 View Post
        I can watch it for hours . See pic ..20 to 25 footers getting humped onto roof the old way ..like we did it..
        So nice to not be on the sweaty end of the stick..
        now i get to sit in a LazeeBoy, sip coffe and watch..
        45 or 48 years ago , when I was a younger fitter buck.. it was Me humping the wood up.. no Zoom Booms, no lifts, no Bobcats, no Stoneslingers.. having a forklift sometimes or even a tractor with forks was an occassional Luxury.
        the only folding cranes around were owned by drywall delivery trucks..
        WE Never felt guilty about accepting our paycheques..
        45 YEARS AGO was around 1975.We had been to the moon ,all cars had air conditioning and automatic transmissions.Did you ever ask yourself,why are we doing this with our backs ,instead of our heads? I still see this today,Four guys show up in a pickup and a trailer,spend all day cutting and trimming a tree,packing the branches onto the trailer,tying them down, then hauling them to a dump.They never heard of a chipper or a mini skid steer with a grapple. Edwin Dirnbeck

Comment

Seriously ? You dont know the difference between just hiring it out , and having a fun afternoon drinking beer while doing a bit of yard wook and a dump run, male bonding, et all ? And spending the day doing chores without your buddies anyway...

YEAH.... yeah I know .. I dont have 3 buddies that will show to actually work either...

Comment

Originally posted by Edwin Dirnbeck View Post

45 YEARS AGO was around 1975.We had been to the moon ,all cars had air conditioning and automatic transmissions.Did you ever ask yourself,why are we doing this with our backs ,instead of our heads? I still see this today,Four guys show up in a pickup and a trailer,spend all day cutting and trimming a tree,packing the branches onto the trailer,tying them down, then hauling them to a dump.They never heard of a chipper or a mini skid steer with a grapple. Edwin Dirnbeck
            Yeah that's me doing it the old timing way just like you saw the other day. Actually I did just as you mentioned just last week.

Are you suggesting that they or I should buy or rent $75,000 worth of different equipment every time a new yard chore comes up just because that option is available???
            Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
            Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

They actually have a excavator there. I saw them passing up plywood sheets one by one...
              the excavator operater may have nit been there but later isaw it moving around..
              would be so easy to sling a lift or 1/2 lift of plywood and get it up on the roof..

Comment

Working...
              X