OT: bitch about Aliexpress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: bitch about Aliexpress

I suppose it isn't actually about them but one of the venders that they host, so I blame them.

I ordered some parts from this vender, first time I tried Aliexpress and it wasn't a good experience. Only a couple of bucks with the sale price and the "first time" user discount but it is the bitch that counts. First off I was quoted a two month delivery time, for a small package that could have been mailed and delivered in a few days but wasn't. It took the full length of time for an email to arrive that said the package was delivered but wasn't. So I started a "dispute" saying that I did not receive the package they said I did. Then I received an email from Aliexpress saying that the vendor would refunded my money, which they didn't. So it has been several weeks past the so called delivery time, no package and no refund and no I won't deal with them again. Maybe some of you have had good dealings with them but everyone should be cautious when dealing with them.

I have always had good dealings with Amazon and Banggood. I hate the idea of online shopping but there doesn't seem to be a way around it anymore.

Anyone dealt with Alibaba????????????
    The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

I've had that a couple of times, when the seller advertised a price that they then couldn't get the part for to ship to me. Most sellers don't make or stock the parts themselves, but buy it from others to sell on as needed. I think I had to do a credit card charge reverse for a couple, but that was two out of maybe 20 orders including a DRO that went fine. Stick with the bigger sellers and avoid the fly-by-nights with the weird names

Comment

Your bad experience is atypical.

I buy almost everything for my shop from Ali Express, and have only once had a minor problem. That's one out of 110 orders so far.

Quality varies, of course, but I have no complaints on that score. Obviously, you are not stupid enough to buy a precision micrometer from the Life, Love and Happiness Garden Tool and Sex Aid Company, but you'll usually find the identical bit of kit from a company whose name suggests they could conceivably have a vague idea of what they're doing.

Delivery times to New Zealand vary from slow to glacial, but generally the shipping costs are either negligible or zero, unlike the deal-killing shipping costs for anything bought from America.

If you don't need it yesterday, then I thoroughly recommend Ali Express. (And do remember that Ali Express is only the enabling agent—they do not "host" the vendor.)

Comment

I've had much better luck with AliExpress than with eBay and PayPal.

Comment

Originally posted by loose nut View Post
          I have always had good dealings with Amazon and Banggood.
          How could you compare Amazon's customer service and product offerings with that of AliExpress? One is an American run company, the other......

Comment

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post

How could you compare Amazon's customer service and product offerings with that of AliExpress? One is an American run company, the other......
            An american-run company that drives all its workers to the maximum...... and gives the delivery drivers so much to deliver that they are still working into the evening. Not sure the comparison is so unfair at all.

Keep eye on ball.
            Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

Comment

I too have bought quite a bit of stuff off Aliexpress. My only complaint was one order that took an inordinate amount of time to arrive, though still within the advertised delivery window. Just had an order cancelled and refunded by Aliexpress because the vendor did not ship within 7 days. It was a "too good to be true" (listing error) deal on an Albrecht copy chuck. Aliexpress is just the retail side of Alibaba.
              It's all mind over matter.
              If you don't mind, it don't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post

An american-run company that drives all its workers to the maximum...... and gives the delivery drivers so much to deliver that they are still working into the evening. Not sure the comparison is so unfair at all.
                I knew this would draw a reply from you, the Henry Kissinger of HSM. How can you have any pro china opinions, a country that wages an unfair economic war, steals patents and intellectual property from US companies? Including one you were employed by.

Consider how much Amazon pays for unskilled labor, well above most other companies, well above a retail worker. Many of Amazons delivery people work for themselves, in companies Amazon helped set up, just to get their packages out during COVID, when UPS and USPS could not handle the volume.

Comment

I haven't ordered from AliExpress for over a year, but my only major complaint is shipping time. That's why I have been ordering from eBay lately.

I did have a problem when I ordered some leather slippers, that turned out to be a couple sizes too small. Their size conversion chart was incorrect. After filing a complaint and having it "escalated" I got a substantial discount from the vendor. I was able to give the slippers to a friend with smaller feet, although they were even a bit tight for him.

Another issue with AliExpress is just that they have so many different vendors and a vast array of products at a range of prices and shipping.
                  http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                  Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                  USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Up until April, I had great success with Ali Express. At that point my address somehow became corrupted in the shipping database and only the great folks at my local post office intercepted 3 of 5 packages with my name but a totally fictitious address . The other 2 are at a dead mail facility in Utah or a Chinese owned “ return address “ warehouse in Hebron, KY.

When I got a package with the first wrong address, I checked my account and the correct address was shown. I then realized that they had a database of addresses to choose from and I could choose mine but the street name did not start with a capital letter. I selected that address and placed an order. The info shown there was correct. Weeks later I got an email from Ali saying to pick up the package at the post office. The Postmaster showed me, on his PC, that the package was delivered to the return address in KY and my address on the label was scrambled and non existent.

The USPS has amazing tracking abilities and photos of every package that has a barcode/tracking #.

I filed a dispute and Ali said it was shown as a “Successful Delivery” and ended the dispute in their favor. Their chat line is worse than worthless.
                    I have to get a refund from my credit card. In the mean time I had ordered again with all the correct address info showing from the individual vendors and then the shipping company that bundles multiple items into one package caused the mis label/ bad address problem.

I am once again opening a dispute and have given scathing reviews in their surveys with zero response from them.

I have had 100% good luck with Banggood but will not order from Ali anymore.
                    Illigitimi non Carborundum 😎
                    9X49 Birmingham Mill, Reid Model 2C Grinder, 13x40 ENCO GH Lathe, 6X18 Craftsman lathe, Sherline CNC mill, Eastwood TIG200 AC/DC and lots of stuff from 30+ years in the trade and 15.5 in refinery unit operations. Now retired. El Paso, TX

Comment

It will be freezing in hell before I ever send another nickle to those shysters called Aliexpress.

Dealt with em for close to ten years, never an issue until one day when logging in I noticed a large number of orders had been placed onto my purchase list, purchases that I had not made.
                      I immediately changed all of my login info and contacted all of the merchants involved as well as Aliexpress themselves to alert them of the unauthorized transactions.
                      Some merchants were good enough to understand my situation and immediately cancelled those orders that I had not placed, others were not so understanding.

Aliexpress on the other hand said that their "security team" would investigate and that I had nothing to worry about.
                      After several weeks of very little in the way of a productive response from them they told me that I was engaging in fraudulent activity on their site by trying to evade payment to those merchants that had not cancelled the transactions under dispute and that the fact that I had changed my login info was indicative of fraudulent activity.

I also never received any of the merchandise allegedly sent my way. I fully suspected my account had been hacked, in spite of their security team's vigilance.

They also said my account had been closed and no further discussion would take place regarding any possibility of retribution. Case closed!

I contacted Visa about the details regarding my situation with Aliexpress. The gentleman from Visa's investigation team was very understanding and said, okay your not the first, and as long as those disputed orders did not originate from your IP address you have nothing to worry about.

Within 24 hours Visa contacted me and said that my account would be reimbursed the monies that had been held by Aliexpress.

Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                      Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

I've had good luck with Aliexpress, but I typically do some research and track the items I want back to the source. I did that with my DRO's, I found the Ditron store and dealt directly with them instead of going through a third party. They were very helpful and provided me with service that was well acceptable.

Ditron and the others I dealt with also offer air freight as their main shipping option. Longest I have waited was about 10 days, don't even think about surface freight rightnow. One of our vendors at work buys AG hardware from India. He told me last week that they are expecting the stock they ordered in July to be in hand by mid December at the earliest, the ports are that backed up.
                        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Don’t buy linear rails from Banggood if you like them to be smooth and not gritty. I’ve only purchased a Ditron DRO from Alibaba, went without issue.

Comment

Originally posted by loose nut View Post
                            I suppose it isn't actually about them but one of the venders that they host, so I blame them.

I ordered some parts from this vender, first time I tried Aliexpress and it wasn't a good experience. Only a couple of bucks with the sale price and the "first time" user discount but it is the bitch that counts. First off I was quoted a two month delivery time, for a small package that could have been mailed and delivered in a few days but wasn't. It took the full length of time for an email to arrive that said the package was delivered but wasn't. So I started a "dispute" saying that I did not receive the package they said I did. Then I received an email from Aliexpress saying that the vendor would refunded my money, which they didn't. So it has been several weeks past the so called delivery time, no package and no refund and no I won't deal with them again. Maybe some of you have had good dealings with them but everyone should be cautious when dealing with them.

I have always had good dealings with Amazon and Banggood. I hate the idea of online shopping but there doesn't seem to be a way around it anymore.

-Aliexpress customer service is lot more likely to take seller's side than Ebay customer service (they don't have language barrier either)
                            Lets say you need 4" bolts and they accidentally send you 3" bolts...they offer you 25% refund since you got only 75% what you ordered..

-Shipping times are total hit and miss with the current covid&market situation
                            -Refund system is super slow and unpredictable how much if any refund you are going to get.

Having said that the prices are usually cheaper than ebay and product selection is better on some arenas.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim The Grim View Post
                              Chinese owned “ return address “
                              A couple of years ago I got a mystery package in the mail. It was a small roll of yellow plastic ribbon, looked sort of like Band-Aid material, not sticky. No invoice, of course. No return address. But it did have the shipper's name and a tracking number on the address label. I emailed them - they were in China - and asked if they could tell me who it was from, so I could contact them about returning the item. They wouldn't say, then they claimed the information was "no longer in their system" when I kept after it.

They quit responding after a few exchanges. I never saw any unexplained charges on the credit card, and after a few months I threw the ribbon away. It might have been some ultra-rare collectible wossname worth big bucks on eBay, but without knowing what it was, it was just drawer junk to me.

It might have been something like this: https://clark.com/shopping-retail/am...u-didnt-order/ though if it was just a ratings pump scam, why bother to even ship anything at all?

Comment

Working...
                              X