Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFF TOPIC UGLY lawn mowing stripes. Am I the only one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW Rider
    replied
    Wow, your neighbors mow their lawns. I wish mine did.

Leave a comment:

• Mcgyver
    replied
    Originally posted by nickel-city-fab View Post

Are you complaining about grumpy old men? The possibilities of recursion are endless.....
    lol, We're all guilty of it sometimes but just like the cartoon its self destructive - (instead of stuff) all that results is your time and energy getting sucked up. remember this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HglhtiK3K5c

Leave a comment:

• MrWhoopee
    replied
    Originally posted by Black Forest View Post

Better living through Chemistry!
    This has always been my motto. Back in the early 80s I would edge my lawn with Roundup. My neighbor called me the Adolph Eichmann of the plant world.

Leave a comment:

• MrWhoopee
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Amick View Post
    For those of you that watched MONK on tv, he vacuumed his carpet that way. You would only understand if you watched him.
    I'm a huge fan of Monk, I lived with a friend who was a bit like that (monkish) for a while.

Reminds of the guy with OCD who would comb out the fringe on his living room area rug to make it all straight. He eventually got treatment and overcame this compulsion. Then his wife started doing it.

Leave a comment:

• Lew Hartswick
    replied
    Out here in the "Desert-Southwest" xeriscape is the answer. BUT most want a small patch of green to break the monotony so a few square ft. of Buffalo Grass that need mowed every couple weeks by hand do the trick. :-)
    ...lew...

Leave a comment:

• Tom S
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi1.kym-cdn.com%2Fentries%2Ficons%2Ffacebook%2F000%2F019%2F304%2Fold.jpg&f=1&nofb=1.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	1963814

Leave a comment:

• nickel-city-fab
    replied
    Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post
    so do we start at the top again, or what? because this has gotta be near the end of things for grumpy old men to complain about
    Are you complaining about grumpy old men? The possibilities of recursion are endless.....

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    replied
    What's a matter? Don't like that Baseball Stadium look?

Leave a comment:

• Moxiedad2001
    replied
    "It brings order to a chaotic world in some small way."

Yes, what self-respecting home shop machinist would object to order, regularity, and precision? I don't cut my grass that way, but if I had a zero-turn mower I probably would. You know, even farmers in some of the more prosperous parts of the country are very careful about the straightness of their rows and the neatness of their fence lines, lest they catch some unwanted ribbing in the local cafe during slow times. Kim

Leave a comment:

• JoeLee
    replied
    Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
    The only good lawn is a dead lawn.
    I have to agree. There is no bigger time waster than having to mow the law two or three times a week in the spring, it's always wet and it grows like crazy. Compounded by having to rake or sweep up all the clumps that clog the mower deck next time around.

JL....................

Leave a comment:

• DennisCA
    replied
    **** lawns. I got a robot to handle that for me.

Leave a comment:

• Beazld
    replied
    Originally posted by Black Forest View Post

Better living through Chemistry!
    I used to be a proponent of that back in the 70’s till it damn near killed me, but they were different chemicals!

Leave a comment:

• NiftyNev
    replied
    The only good lawn is a dead lawn.

Leave a comment:

• Mcgyver
    replied
    so do we start at the top again, or what? because this has gotta be near the end of things for grumpy old men to complain about
    Last edited by Mcgyver; 09-30-2021, 07:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Black Forest
    replied
    I am sad that mowing season is coming to and end soon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X