Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFF TOPIC UGLY lawn mowing stripes. Am I the only one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sarge41 View Post
    I'm not interested in striping, not even sure how its done, but I have started mowing at (with a zero turn) 45 degrees to the old pattern. Now every time , I alternate the 45 degree and the lawn seems to like it. It is looking better that ever.

Sarge41
    I agree.

I had a lawn mowing service for a few weeks, a couple years ago when I contracted bronchitis. The lawn looked real good so I kept them for the entire season. They would alternate the pattern each mowing and the grass never looked so good. I've since copied their pattern changing each mowing, and the lawn continues to look good.

Comment

Originally posted by Beazld View Post

Don’t forget Big Chem (Roundup,Spectricide)!
      Better living through Chemistry!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
        That was the best method. It allowed you time to do other things like spend time with the family. The goat provided milk and the by product from eating all the grass could be used to fertilize the garden.

The good old days !

JL...............
        Goats leave the lawn looking like ****! For all you lazy basterds get off your ass and go mow your lawns!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

I am sad that mowing season is coming to and end soon.

Comment

so do we start at the top again, or what? because this has gotta be near the end of things for grumpy old men to complain about
            Last edited by Mcgyver; 09-30-2021, 08:49 AM.
            in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

The only good lawn is a dead lawn.
              Nev.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post

Better living through Chemistry!
                I used to be a proponent of that back in the 70’s till it damn near killed me, but they were different chemicals!
                Sole proprietor of Acme Buggy Whips Ltd.
                Specialty products for beating dead horses.

Comment

**** lawns. I got a robot to handle that for me.

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                    The only good lawn is a dead lawn.
                    I have to agree. There is no bigger time waster than having to mow the law two or three times a week in the spring, it's always wet and it grows like crazy. Compounded by having to rake or sweep up all the clumps that clog the mower deck next time around.

JL....................

Comment

"It brings order to a chaotic world in some small way."

Yes, what self-respecting home shop machinist would object to order, regularity, and precision? I don't cut my grass that way, but if I had a zero-turn mower I probably would. You know, even farmers in some of the more prosperous parts of the country are very careful about the straightness of their rows and the neatness of their fence lines, lest they catch some unwanted ribbing in the local cafe during slow times. Kim

Comment

What's a matter? Don't like that Baseball Stadium look?

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post
                          so do we start at the top again, or what? because this has gotta be near the end of things for grumpy old men to complain about
                          Are you complaining about grumpy old men? The possibilities of recursion are endless.....
                          25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi1.kym-cdn.com%2Fentries%2Ficons%2Ffacebook%2F000%2F019%2F304%2Fold.jpg&f=1&nofb=1.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	1963814
                            Cayuga, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Out here in the "Desert-Southwest" xeriscape is the answer. BUT most want a small patch of green to break the monotony so a few square ft. of Buffalo Grass that need mowed every couple weeks by hand do the trick. :-)
                              ...lew...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Amick View Post
                                For those of you that watched MONK on tv, he vacuumed his carpet that way. You would only understand if you watched him.
                                I'm a huge fan of Monk, I lived with a friend who was a bit like that (monkish) for a while.

Reminds of the guy with OCD who would comb out the fringe on his living room area rug to make it all straight. He eventually got treatment and overcame this compulsion. Then his wife started doing it.
                                It's all mind over matter.
                                If you don't mind, it don't matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X