Help with part name please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doozer View Post

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMaybe is you tell is what it does or where it is used ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

-D
    I want to convert the three handle setup on my bench drill to a single handle. On disc attached to the shaft and another to a handle with the other disc. handle will be bolted into end of shaft and spring loaded.
    Nev.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Carlstedt View Post
      Well, I could be called a dog clutch , but the dog clutches I have worked with had a single spring loaded "dog" (lever ?)
      But it works , /
      That's very close to what I want.

Nev.

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post

I want to convert the three handle setup on my bench drill to a single handle. On disc attached to the shaft and another to a handle with the other disc. handle will be bolted into end of shaft and spring loaded.
        That's a good idea! Always having the handle in a convenient position would be great, as well as not having to do that awkward shift to the next handle on deep holes. Basically a ratcheting handle, if I understand rightly.

But (!) .... how do you keep the spindle from raising when you want to reset the handle on deep holes?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Engelhardt View Post
          That's a good idea! Always having the handle in a convenient position would be great, as well as not having to do that awkward shift to the next handle on deep holes. Basically a ratcheting handle, if I understand rightly. ...................But (!) .... how do you keep the spindle from raising when you want to reset the handle on deep holes?
          I think it is a heck of a good idea as well. So basically, you drill into the part and when your handle is say all the way down, you quickly clamp the quill and (Ratchet) raise the handle to a more comfortable position and then feed down while releasing the quill clamp . That can be as quick as grabbing the next handle on a 3 or 4 spoke handle feed. ...I like it

Rich

Green Bay, WI

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Carlstedt View Post

I think it is a heck of a good idea as well. So basically, you drill into the part and when your handle is say all the way down, you quickly clamp the quill and (Ratchet) raise the handle to a more comfortable position and then feed down while releasing the quill clamp . That can be as quick as grabbing the next handle on a 3 or 4 spoke handle feed. ...I like it

Rich
            Glad you like it. Feel free to do the same. As far as stopping the quill from raising when ratcheting, I think I can add some sort of brake somewhere to stop that. Got a few different options so will let you know the what I do. In the meantime I have changed my mind about the Nord Lock washers and fitted a gear to the end of shaft and will make a handle with a pawl instead.
            Nev.

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post

Hirth coupling.

DZER

Comment

As seen on many lawnmower handles, tree trimming poles, and other tools, like linemen's hot sticks:

Click image for larger version

Name:	USTS-tiplock_650x363.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	1964815

https://www.utilitysolutionsinc.com/...k-accessories/

Click image for larger version

Name:	USSA-ALL_2-12-21.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	1964814
                http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png