kiln controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kiln controller

Anybody out there know of an inexpensive kiln controller. Something that could ramp up, hold, cool down slowly etc.? This would be for heat treating parts. I already have an old kiln.
    Vitَria, Brazil

check out https://youtu.be/LvSRW7NH6Yw he tell you about his controller and how to program it in one of his videios.
    Ed
    Agua Dulce, So.California
    1950 F1 street rod
    1949 F1 stock V8 flathead
    1948 F6 350 chevy/rest stock, no dump bed
    1953 chevy 3100 AD for 85 S10 frame have a 4BT cummins motor, NV4500
    1968 Baha Bug with 2.2 ecotec motor, king coil-overs,P/S

Comment

Just did this to one. Look up kiln ramp controller on amazon. Got one for about $130. Pretty easy. Mounted mine in an enclosure with a fan on the ssr heat sink.

Comment

Check out the Dan Gelbert video “ shop tour” also, he shows a heat treatment oven with methyl alcohol drip feet to give a carburising atmosphere and not discolour the steel, very clever and saves argon purge, he used a wall mounted IV thing.
        mark

Comment

You can pick up used PID controller off ebay that have 30 step ramp capabilities. Fuji and a couple others. I can't remember the brand on my little furnace, ill have to look.

Comment

Search 1/16 DIN temperature controllers. or 1/8 if you want something larger. They're cheap! Have it setup to run a relay to control your heater..

Comment

Originally posted by boslab View Post
              Check out the Dan Gelbert video “ shop tour” also, he shows a heat treatment oven with methyl alcohol drip feet to give a carburising atmosphere and not discolour the steel, very clever and saves argon purge, he used a wall mounted IV thing.
              mark
              I just saw that video. That thing with the methanol drip is a really cool tip. I was thinking of setting my furnace up for argon purge, but this looks so much easier and will be really inexpensive to build and to run.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed ke6bnl View Post
                check out https://youtu.be/LvSRW7NH6Yw he tell you about his controller and how to program it in one of his videios.
                My brother ordered one of his new ovens over a year ago, but Stan has apparently handed manufacturing of them off to another firm, and now there seems to be some patent infringement or other legal challenges to his manufacturing these for sale.

Dan
                Salem, Oregon

Comment

They are now being made by American Rotary under the "American Kiln" name. Stan is still a sales agent for them.
                  The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Working...
                  X