Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another diversion, thanks to a friends kindness.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet again this site has proved its worth !
    . I took the hard plastic lids from some aerosol paint cans, cut a couple of slots to fit over the pointers and tail pieces of the gauges and they simply slid on with a light push and feel as if they will stay put until deliberately lifted off. The soft lids which I tried first did not want to stay on very well.
    Many thanks to all for the interesting and sensible replies,
    Regards David Powell.

Comment

Originally posted by David Powell View Post
      . I took the hard plastic lids from some aerosol paint cans, cut a couple of slots to fit over the pointers and tail pieces of the gauges and they simply slid on with a light push and feel as if they will stay put until deliberately lifted off. ..
      Regards David Powell.
      Now cut a circular opening in the top of the paint can lid and glue a circle of transparent plastic over the opening. The DI is protected and you can still read it.

Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things
      http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Comment

GLUE ? GLUE? Surely no real machinist has any use for the stuff? . But then do I need a protector for the protector? Just kidding. The lids I used are old and brittle, Just cutting the slots with hand shears showed that. Cutting a hole in the top might well kill them . Regards David Powell.

Comment

Working...
        X