Indicator clamp from scrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indicator clamp from scrap

Made from scraps, lock lever from bike shop used ($1.00) Idea came from the WEB with my updates.

Sorry not big on finishes

John, Now that's a good idea! No wrench to get lost in the swarf under the lathe. I'm going to have to copy that one. Thanks.
    Bill
    San Diego, CA

Comment

Copy away, wasn't all my idea someone went before me

Comment

What is the ring for?
        Gene

Comment

Ringg.

Must be for your thumb so youse can grab it really good so it dont drop. HM or perhaps a indicator fits in it to. We shall have to wait and see.

Comment

Yer not going to believe this but.......

TO hang it up, but turns out it is good for hanging on to while setting the lock lever

Comment

Now that is a dandy idea.....
              ----------
              Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
              Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
              Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
              There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
              Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
              Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

You don't have to apologize for the finish, it's the idea that's important. I copied the pictures and this is in my to-do file. I have to modify it somewhat to fit my lathe.

Thanks for the information.

I have no problems, only opportunities

Comment

I like that, definately on the to do list. Thanks John.

Comment

Looks Good, quick, handy and functional. You may consider placing a steel washer under the quick release cam, so you won't have the two pieces of aluminum rubbing together and galling.

Comment

An old idea with a new application. Good show. I will file that away for later use.

Ross
                      GUNS Don't kill people
                      Drivers using cell phones do.

Comment

I made up a similar unit a while back. Second time I used it, I forgot the 'clock's'
                        limited travel and something had to give and it was the stem.
                        $50 later a simple modification. I now use a strong magnet that stays in position
                        but will simply slide out of the way if I forget and 'over travel'.

Comment

That's an old idea that has many forms. Glad to see it resurected and put to a usable design for you. Ya gotta finish paintin' it though.

Comment

Working...
                          X