Name:	IMG_0644.JPG
Views:	278
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	1965143 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0646.JPG
Views:	260
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	1965144
    Not wanting to highjack the Hole Saw thread. When reading the hole saw thread I remembered these cutters that I picked up at a yard sale a few years back. Naturally they must be some sort of hole cutter, the largest is 1.125" the smallest is .343 as I remember. My question is why the removable spring loaded center pin?

I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.
    Oregon Coast

You can center the point on a punch mark, no need to drill a pilot hole. Also, probably helps with ejecting the disc.

Comment

Spot weld cutter. Hit the center of the weld with a center punch for the spring center. It leaves the center of the spot weld on the opposite piece which makes it easy to reassemble - line it up and fill the gap with filler rod.

I have one that's about 3/8" OD - but are there really any 1-1/8" spot welds?

-js
      There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

They look like cutters made by Jancy Engineering I think they were called RotaBore. They were intended for thin material. Jancy developed a mag base drill of high quality. They were bought up by one of the high end German tool makers. The cutter line was discontinued.

Comment

pin is for centering and ejection. hougen rotabroaches are similar but these with the solid shank are probably nicer to work with
          -paul

Comment

Definately annular cutters, no flighting so must be thin stock as stated, handy in a rotobroach
            mark

Comment

The smaller ones look very close to my Jancy Roto-Bor, and all do appear to be hole saws of that nature:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	RotoBor.jpeg
Views:	83
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	1965473

Comment

Never saw the ones made by Jancy but have used these for years.

https://www.blairequipment.com/spotweld-cutters

JL.................

Comment

Working...
                X