One eyed Willy got some new sneakers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One eyed Willy got some new sneakers!

Brand new rims powder coated and four new tires.
    Should be ready for snow plowing!

Sid

One eyed Willy, eh? Snerk.

-js
    There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

That's the name my buddy gave it.

Little play on words.

'49 Willys Jeep, with one head light.
      He did the graphics and flying eyeball one year when we were at a car show with it.

Sid

Comment

I was relieved to see the pic --- really did not know if I should have even been clicking on it... lol

cool looking ride Sid - good to see not everything you own has to be of utmost perfection as that's no way to live if you just want to have fun sometimes and that thing looks the part...

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
          I was relieved to see the pic ---
          You were thinking 'snake', weren't you! (me too)

Southwest Utah

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
            I was relieved to see the pic --- really did not know if I should have even been clicking on it... lol

cool looking ride Sid - good to see not everything you own has to be of utmost perfection as that's no way to live if you just want to have fun sometimes and that thing looks the part...
            Yeah, she’s a work horse. But not too bad looking for 72 years old. The old tires were really getting bald. Plowing the snow was getting to be an issue. I have chains for it, but the doesn’t do the pavement any good.

Sid

Comment

Don't forget to put all the nuts on those wheel studs, or it will be three wheeled one eye Willy.

Comment

Do you have heat for driving in the winter? I hope so or it might get chilly clearing a deep snowfall! I also was relieved to see it wasn't all shiny and polished! At put some springs under the seat. That has got to be a hard riding machine.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by old mart View Post
                  Don't forget to put all the nuts on those wheel studs, or it will be three wheeled one eye Willy.
                  Good eye! I could not find enough lug nuts at the auto parts place (Sunday) and Napa was closed.

At one place, I went in, told the guy I needed 1/2-20 with 13/16 hex. He looked blankly at me and said, “yeah but what vehicle are they for”. Told him, ‘49 Willys. Does that help??

In the long run, they only had 9 of them.
                  At one point, he brought out a metic nut, and said “this looks close”……. Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
                    Do you have heat for driving in the winter? I hope so or it might get chilly clearing a deep snowfall! I also was relieved to see it wasn't all shiny and polished! At put some springs under the seat. That has got to be a hard riding machine.
                    Heat??? No! Carhartts!

it rides like the Jeep it is. Not that bad, but bombing around the yard, I don’t go too fast.

Sid

Comment

Get some of those metric nuts and use a big wrench.

Comment

Doozer

Wheres doozer at? This looks like his prefect vehicle based on some other threads.

Comment

I am glad to note I am not the only one with an evil mind... that bad boy must be hell on the hemorrhoid's, especially in the winter.

Comment

Working...
                          X