Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hope I don't have to go to the ER in the next week or so.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might try some prozac, that is supposed to get rid of the blues.

Other than that I hear the Blue Man Group is having auditions.

Comment

Originally posted by macona View Post
      Might try some prozac, that is supposed to get rid of the blues.

Other than that I hear the Blue Man Group is having auditions.
      Ja, you could play the drums with it. Maybe with strobe lights on the ceiling.
      25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Clumsy bastard

Auditioning for the Blue Man Group?
        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Awesome, best laugh I've had in a while! Just another reason I usually prefer the broad marker version to the brush bottle.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	PAPA SMURF.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	1965590

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
              Click image for larger version  Name:	PAPA SMURF.jpg Views:	19 Size:	6.4 KB ID:	1965590
              You, sir, have won the Internet for today.
              (ahem)
              Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you
              the song of my people
              https://www.songfacts.com/lyrics/the-marcels/blue-moon
              25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan_the_Chemist View Post
                I was sitting at my work bench doing some layout lines on some parts I was about to process. I got out the old Dykem bottle and started covering parts with blue dye. I coated one side of some stock and was allowing it to dry before making the layout lines. I was going to coat another bit of stock so I left the Dykem with the cap loose in the bottle. I leaned forward to grab the next bit of stock, and while leaning back I managed to snag the bottle of Dykem and sweep it off the table. Into my lap. Upside down. And the top had come out.

*glub glub glub*

While I sprang up as quickly as I could, the bottle had pretty much managed to discharge it's contents into my lap.

Did you know that Dykem stings when it touches one's wedding tackle? So I quick stripped out of my shoes, pants and underwear to discover that my manly bits were all a beautiful dark navy blue. Along with my thighs, and probably the perineum as well. Application of paper towels proved less than useful...

Fortunately we live way out in the boonies. So, I put my shoes back on and walked back to the house. The gods were not kind. My dear wife was in the kitchen when I entered through the back door. She took one look at me and asked "Are you okay?". I said "Yes, it's not dangerous." Then she proceeded to try to stifle a laugh, and then went into gales of deep laughter... Somewhere in the next 10 minutes she made a comment about Mel Gibson painting his face blue in Brave Heart, except I had gotten it wrong I was showing "Brave Parts". My male ego was thoroughly abused for the next eternity while she kept finding new jokes at my expense.

After that I went for a shower. It turns out that soap and water doesn't do a good job at removing Dykem from skin. I found that forceful scrubbing with a stiff bristled nylon brush was capable of removing most of the color from my thighs and lower abdomen. However, my favorite party toys were not going to receive the same treatment. So, the dangly bits are still blue.

As I said in the subject line, I hope I don't get hit by a car and get taken to the ER. I can only imagine that hilarity would ensue...

And NO... I will not post a dick pic in ANY forum, so don't ask.
                HA!
                Great story.
                Cheers,
                Jon

Comment

After a day in the tractor seat that really made me chuckle,hope dye fades quickly.

Comment

You could try salad dressing- I'm not kidding. I washed my hands one day to get rid of grease. I'd usually use hand soap, sometimes dish soap, then hand cleaner if needed. One day I couldn't get my hands really clean, but I figured if that's the case then they are clean and I'm not going to worry about it. Ended up getting some mayo on my hands, and that took it off. Now I don't really remember- it was either mayo or ranch dressing- but it worked.
                    I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Lacquer thinner removes Dykem quite well !!!!!!!

JL..................

Comment

W.S. already beat me to it --- if this don't deserve a "Clumsy Bastard" then I really don't know what does....

Don't really know what to say other than "sucks to be you dude" lol

Comment

Maybe now would be a good time for a career change. I hear that the Blueman Group is looking for someone to add to their troupe.
                          Brian Rupnow
                          Design engineer
                          Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Sounds like your first blue job.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan_the_Chemist View Post
                              As I said in the subject line, I hope I don't get hit by a car and get taken to the ER. I can only imagine that hilarity would ensue...
                              Not much of a concern as ER doctors and nurses have seen it all.
                              Bigger concern would be the wife taking a liking to the new look.

Comment

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post

Not much of a concern as ER doctors and nurses have seen it all.
                                Bigger concern would be the wife taking a liking to the new look.
                                Yes, so true.
                                I know a couple of ER nurses and can say without a doubt that the OP's incident wouldn't even rate a mention at a cocktail party.
                                Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                                Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Working...
                                X