Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J Tiers
    replied
    Might be true, might not. The WE has an agenda, and like all news orgs, will slant what they report.

Leave a comment:

• Arcane
    replied
    Originally posted by JRouche View Post

Let me tell you something Broughther. Its worse. The ships off the coast here in cal ar a sign of the americans need to buy cheap chit.

There are ten of thousands of truck sized containers ready to go. Floting off the coast. Waiting for a dock call..

Problem? No place to put them. Truck driverers are there!!

Big Fat Americans. Ordered too much from China 4 years ago. Who knew, there whoul be a hick-upo. JR
    Here's what some truck drivers have to say about it.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...s-truckers-say

Leave a comment:

• JRouche
    replied
    Originally posted by Edwin Dirnbeck View Post
    In the St Louis area,for the last 20 years there has been a building boom of storage units.These all seem to be filled up with useless stuf from China.The stuf has no value ,so there are constant auctions of abandoned units, My theory is,there is a direct correlation between China imports and storage unit building. These things are popping up faster than mattress stores.Edwin Dirnbeck
    Let me tell you something Broughther. Its worse. The ships off the coast here in cal ar a sign of the americans need to buy cheap chit.

There are ten of thousands of truck sized containers ready to go. Floting off the coast. Waiting for a dock call..

Problem? No place to put them. Truck driverers are there!!

Big Fat Americans. Ordered too much from China 4 years ago. Who knew, there whoul be a hick-upo. JR

Leave a comment:

• J Tiers
    replied
    Originally posted by nickel-city-fab View Post
    You know what makes me laugh is all them rednecks shopping at walmart like it was the greatest thing (it isn't) and flying all those flags with a little tag in the corner that says "made in china" and then bitching about not being able to find decent work, so they gotta listen to country music... of course its all the other parties fault tho. Said so on tee vee.
    Agree on people being, and acting, "ig-nernt".

WalMart engineered this, though. So it really IS to some extent the fault of others. At least in getting it all started.

You can look this stuff up...... Walmart was the biggest customer for many companies (a position that gives the customer the "whip hand"). They simply started TELLING the companies how much they were going to pay for the goods they bought. Of course it was always less than what they were paying at the time. And they explained how that was going to decrease every year. Walmart also started establishing suppliers in china as a backup.

So, the suppliers tried to meet the new costs, but found they could not. So after a few took the hint about buying from china, the rest had to. Their US factories mostly closed, of course.

Notice, this happened while Walmart was still on their old "buy in the USA" program. So at the time, there was no junk from china.

Once that deal was done, though, it was not undo-able, because in many cases, the companies actually had to pack up and send their production machinery to china. They would never be able to get it back, of course.

Walmart should get a "Meritorious Service to the State" award from china for basically doing the hard work to establish china as what it is now. They did not do it all, but they surely made it impossible for any company to survive in the consumer goods market unless they closed their US factories and imported everything.

We should all stop buying from WalMart. But they would get over that, they are international, and no longer even need the US.

Leave a comment:

• nickel-city-fab
    replied

You know what makes me laugh is all them rednecks shopping at walmart like it was the greatest thing (it isn't) and flying all those flags with a little tag in the corner that says "made in china" and then bitching about not being able to find decent work, so they gotta listen to country music... of course its all the other parties fault tho. Said so on tee vee.

I have long since concluded that people in this country have no medium or long-term memory, no history, no knowledge beyond the previous quarter. No curiosity, and no energy left to improve with. No idea how much the don't know. And proud of it.

Originally posted by Doozer View Post
    People had shltty parents and a shltty upbringing.
    The have a low self opinion. They are followers
    and that make then susceptible to advertising.
    They fill their empty emotional void with the
    temporary dopamine high of buying stuff.
    It is a fleeting high, and then they can't bring
    themselves to get rid of the items because then
    they would have to admit to themselves that they
    were WRONG to buy it in the first place. They
    again have low self esteem, so they can't admit
    they are wrong, because it would make their
    esteem even lower, so they hang on to it and
    become a hoarder. Not further wanting to admit
    they are a hoarder, makes them hide it, so they
    get a storage unit. So storage units are a
    manifestation of parental abuse growing up.
    It is a real thing. It is not a Chinese goods
    problem, It is an emotional problem.
    That is why foreigners hate America.
    We are a bunch of fuked up, weak minded
    people. Quite easy to see, hard to admit.

--Doozer
    Last edited by nickel-city-fab; 10-16-2021, 03:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JoeLee
    replied

--Doozer
    Couldn't agree more !

The markets are flooded with cheap chinese garbage. just look up and down your local streets on trash night.
    Wall Mart being the biggest contributor to all this junk.

JL............

Leave a comment:

• Edwin Dirnbeck
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Amick View Post

No offense, (seriously) but saying that all storage units are full of Chinese junk is an arguable point. Then to have the rest of the comments
    suggest reasons for this supposed fact is interesting. I suspect that the reasons for using a storage unit and then abandoning it
    are as varied as can be.
    There have allways been storage units to rent.I buy and sell small equipment, tools ect. Sometimes ,I need extra room and rent storage space for a few months. I make a few trips and gradually empty my unit .I see people bring things to the storage units that should go direct to the landfill, but they are to embarrassed to do this.The CHINESE are good helping us keep up with our neighbors.Fred does the research and buys a good Stihl chainsaw for $400. Joe sees it and gets one just as good at Walmart for $87. I will guarantee that every large storage unit complex will have at least one poulan chainsaw that needs a little work.You will NEVER see a Stihl chainsaw in a storage unit.Edwin Dirnbeck

Leave a comment:

• Edwin Dirnbeck
    replied

--Doozer
    YES,BUT WE DO GET ER DONE. Edwin Dirnbeck

Leave a comment:

• tom_d
    replied
    Originally posted by Lew Hartswick View Post

But But But , It seems to expand beyond the "space available". :-)
    ...lew...
    Isn't that the "blanket syndrome"? Can never seem to get the blanket back in to the storage bag it came in................

Leave a comment:

• Bob Engelhardt
    replied
    Originally posted by tom_d View Post
    Newton's Nth Law of Physics; Junk expands to fit the space available.
    I think that's one of the amendments to Murphy's Law.

Leave a comment:

• Lew Hartswick
    replied
    Originally posted by tom_d View Post

But But But , It seems to expand beyond the "space available". :-)
    ...lew...

Leave a comment:

• tom_d
    replied
    Originally posted by J Tiers View Post

Nobody gets a storage locker just to keep it empty, there is always a reason to have it. That's usually because of "too much stuff". Doesn't HAVE to be "chinese" stuff, but it often is, because there is so much of it that it is hard to avoid.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Amick
    replied
    I may have been using too narrow of a brush. Almost always on a machinist site when someone says Chinese Junk, my mind goes to tools.
    And too say that there are all these storage units with these "tools" in them, just didn't seem right to me. But the moment I read Jerry's
    post mentioning holiday decorations and junk like that, the light went on and it made much more sense.
    Last edited by Mike Amick; 10-14-2021, 11:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• J Tiers
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Amick View Post

No offense, (seriously) but saying that all storage units are full of Chinese junk is an arguable point. Then to have the rest of the comments
    suggest reasons for this supposed fact is interesting. I suspect that the reasons for using a storage unit and then abandoning it
    are as varied as can be.
    Certainly.

But, I know that some are full either "of", or "because of" said junk. I've also seen houses that are full of the said junk because they did not get a storage locker (I go to tag sales fairly often looking for tools).

People just have to put all sorts of decorations in the yard for Halloween, or Christmas (the decorations come from....wait for it....china!), and then the rest of the year they have to go someplace. Nobody gets a storage locker just to keep it empty, there is always a reason to have it. That's usually because of "too much stuff". Doesn't HAVE to be "chinese" stuff, but it often is, because there is so much of it that it is hard to avoid.

Reason to abandon it are simpler.... inability to pay. (maybe sometimes disinclination to pay, or irate spouse, etc)

A guy I knew had a 1958 eggshell blue Jaguar sedan, wood dash and all. I wanted to buy it from him. He had it in storage, AND THE SOB LOST IT DUE TO INABILITY TO PAY! OK it was not in a locker, bit the idea is the same.....
    Last edited by J Tiers; 10-14-2021, 07:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Amick
    replied
    Originally posted by Edwin Dirnbeck View Post
    In the St Louis area,for the last 20 years there has been a building boom of storage units.These all seem to be filled up with useless stuf from China.The stuf has no value ,so there are constant auctions of abandoned units, My theory is,there is a direct correlation between China imports and storage unit building. These things are popping up faster than mattress stores.Edwin Dirnbeck
    are as varied as can be.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X