Name:	image_19603.png
Views:	126
Size:	768.6 KB
ID:	1966610
    http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
    Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
    USA Maryland 21030

Comment

While I have seen seen changes prompted by job insecurity, I've seen equal amounts of other incentive.

For instance, I've seen a LOT of changes that are made to satisfy the ego of one or more programmers who insist that the change is THE right way to do it.

I've also seen changes made to satisfy customer demands. These are usually introduced as new features but sometimes they surface as bug fixes. When you have a lot of customer prompted changes, you can sell it as a version upgrade.

The most useless changes are often made because a manager reads in a trade magazine that there is a new super tool or technique that is being used by a big company like Microsoft, Google or Amazon. It becomes a mandate to catch up with the big guys. A similar track is followed when newly graduated college kids want to use the same tools that they used in school. Businesses seldom recognize that the tools taught to students are designed for learning the concepts but are not necessarily great in real life. An example is learning ADA, Pascal or Basic. More modern examples is implementing Ruby as a programming language despite the version to version incompatibility.

Dan
      At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

Actually, it was David Dwyer's images that were uploaded small size. Rich's five images are huge! But the forum software reduces them to fit the screen, like this (which I inserted full size):

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_19590.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	2.50 MB
ID:	1966613
        USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Originally posted by danlb View Post
          Businesses seldom recognize that the tools taught to students are designed for learning the concepts but are not necessarily great in real life. An example is learning ADA, Pascal or Basic. More modern examples is implementing Ruby as a programming language despite the version to version incompatibility.

Dan
          After all, Basic stands for "Beginners' All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code". It first appeared, according to Wikipedia, in 1964. Surely no colleges are now teaching it. ADA? Pascal?

Long ago (33 years ago, to be more precise) my son was a highschool junior and testing to get into an AP programming class taught at the community college across the street from his school.

The test was to write a specific program in Pascal (ick), which he had never tried.

So he wrote the program in C, added BEGIN and END, handed it in. He was accepted.

-js
          There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	F2E1F58E-74E0-402D-93DB-D35007285333.png Views:	0 Size:	768.6 KB ID:	1966617

Comment

Paul

Now i am really confused .
              I just posted again on the Eureka Thread and the same thing happened ????????
              I hit "Upload"" and then selected the picture, and when i do, I have no option for picture size.
              I have posted maybe 50 photos since this site was upgraded a year or so ago , so I am somewhat familiar with the procedure
              this is a major change to me
              But again...I get no option for size and ONLY get a Thumbnail with the digit "1" next to it
              When you say they are HUGE ( ref #18) , do you mean file size, or Image size on the page ?
              Your pics in post 18 are Huge , when I see them , but my postings are not ????
              Rich

Let me add something , The "Upload" tab is not visible on my comment screen as it use to be .
              In order to get it, I must click on the Camera Icon in the upper left corner next to the paper clip ......
              Then the "Upload" tab appears on the bottom of the page,
              Is yours like this ?
              Rich Carlstedt
              Last edited by Rich Carlstedt; 10-19-2021, 02:27 AM.
              Green Bay, WI

Comment

Is it safe to upload directly from your computer or best to use a service like Imgur?
                Len

Comment

Kasto PH test pic 1 1/2" x 13" mild steel
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Carlstedt View Post
                    Paul

Now i am really confused .
                    I just posted again on the Eureka Thread and the same thing happened ????????
                    I hit "Upload"" and then selected the picture, and when i do, I have no option for picture size.

Let me add something , The "Upload" tab is not visible on my comment screen as it use to be .
                    In order to get it, I must click on the Camera Icon in the upper left corner next to the paper clip ......
                    Then the "Upload" tab appears on the bottom of the page,
                    Is yours like this ?
                    So from what I see you need to use the “upload attachment” to size pics and to show up big in the post.

Using the “upload” only gets you the small thumbnail and can add text.

I am pretty sure that I had the same issue with having to hit the camera icon (which brings in “upload” not “upload attachment”) and not seeing the other option but now I can. Again I am on mobile, not desktop.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6E22113F-5EED-4486-B233-2C1704F24E79.jpeg
Views:	97
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	1966744

Comment

Originally posted by QSIMDO View Post
                      Is it safe to upload directly from your computer or best to use a service like Imgur?
                      Anyone?
                      ...whiskey tango foxtrot?
                      Len

Comment

Anyone?
                        Yes, perfectly safe. That's what I do.

As mentioned above, use the "upload attachments" button just below the text box.

-js
                        Jim Stewart
                        Last edited by Jim Stewart; 10-19-2021, 08:18 PM.
                        There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

There is a "paper clip" icon above the ribbon, which is "Upload Attachments" according to the tooltip, but it seems to just toggle the buttons "Upload Attachments" and "Upload from URL" below the text area.
                          USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Anyone?
                            yes, perfectly safe. That is the only way I do it.
                            25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Stewart View Post
                              As mentioned above, use the "upload attachments" button just below the text box.-js
                              Pardon me fellows, But you are not listening !
                              There is NO "Upload Attachments " Button just below the text Box !
                              There is only a paper Clip and a camera ABOVE the text box .

Now tonight, when i posted on the Eureka thread, it was back to normal withe the button below the text box

So I am getting two different posting functions ????
                              Rich

Green Bay, WI

Comment

I just checked all the posts in this thread by Rich Carlstedt and nowhere did I see a mention of what operating system or web browser he's using. It's up to the web browser to display things for the user. Rich, Are you using Edge, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Samsung Internet or something else? Are you using a cell phone, and if so which one? Are you on a PC, and if so, which operating system (win 7, Linux, MAC, etc). These things would help narrow down your problem.

Dan
                                At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X