3D printed pipe miter pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D printed pipe miter pattern

I making an odd ball 3 way pipe miter and after going down the rabbit hole grinding and fitting, I made a 3D printed pattern. Stu
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0013[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	79.3 KB ID:	1966574
    Attached Files

Nice job! Handy little things, aren't they?

Comment

Great idea, great implementation!
      Southwest Utah

Comment

Can be done with normal straight cuts

Helder Ferreira
        Setubal, Portugal

Comment

The big engineering company where I grew up had a marine division. They did both rectangular and triangular cross section tubular booms for off-loading bulk material handling vessels such as grain, coal, etcetera. This was all pre computer, and the cut-templates were all designed by hand and then cut from cardboard manually. I never worked in the marine division, but the guys who did were very, very smart. ----Brian
          Brian Rupnow
          Design engineer
          Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

There are books on sheet metal pattern drafting that show how it is done manually.

Comment

Originally posted by Noitoen View Post
              Can be done with normal straight cuts
              That's the ticket, Thanks!. Also I want that saw! Stu

Comment

Originally posted by deltap View Post
                There are books on sheet metal pattern drafting that show how it is done manually.
                I am a tin knocker, I gave my pattern book (by Daugherty & Powell, great book by the way, it got me through my apprenticeship) to a new apprentice when I retired. It just occurred to me that I could have taken measurements from the cad and made a paper pattern from that. Oh well it's done now, have to remember that for the future. Stu

Comment

That 3D print is a good solution. Whatever floats your boat.
                  Paul A.
                  SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
                  You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

For those of us who don't have a 3D printer this software works very well. I've used it quite a few times and
                    the templates it creates are very accurate. Really great for odd angle joints. For making joints in larger pipes
                    if you don't have a printer or plotter that produces larger drawings the software will produce multiple page
                    drawings that have register marks so you can overlap them accurately...

http://www.harderwoods.com/pipetemplate.php
                    Keith

Comment

Working...
                    X