New to me,Telescopic Bottle Jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to me,Telescopic Bottle Jack

Maybe I’ve been living in a cave,I came across this telescopic bottle Jack that I’ve never seen before at Princess Auto for $35 cdn. Working heights are 6-11/16” to 16-9/16” and rated at 4 ton,didn’t buy it for lifting Grain Trucks just light duty jobs around the Shop.Had a cheap 2 ton for many years that was real handy with it’s small size. Click image for larger version

Name:	D6F1DCAB-6AD8-4A46-B27C-B50270726714.jpeg
Views:	602
Size:	3.04 MB
ID:	1967539

I have one that looks exactly like yours. Mine is rated for 6 ton metric. I use it all the time works great and the telescopic part is great because it is relatively short when fully retracted but lifts to a very useful height because of the telescoping feature.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Looks handy!

Astounding that gets built, transported, and marketed for 35 bucks…..

Comment

Been around for a long time. I believe the actual tonnage lifted depends on the extension.
        Southwest Utah

Comment

We have some aircraft telescopic jacks at the museum, each section has a coarse thread nut on it so the height set can be locked even if the hydraulic oil leaks.

Comment

I’m familiar with Telescopic Cylinders,had never stumbled across one in bottle Jack.My one Grain Truck has a 50 ton 5 stage that extends to around 20’ and the bottom Section must be at least 8” in dia.

Comment

I thought most of them were, at least over here, I have a pile of 12 and 20 ton ones I used to use for underpinning houses, they’re cheap but never failed which. I’m glad of as the bloody wall would have ended up on my lap!
              Mark

Comment

That is an awesome price, I can't find anything close to that.
                Mike
                Central Ohio, USA

Comment

Very nice. I have never seen one around here in any stores. I like it. Sure, its de-rated at height but come on? The reach and flexibility is worth it IMO. JR

Comment

The bright red paint made me think of a Lincoln or some other quality company. Some times the big manufacturers sell off their over run to other markets. The best example I can think of (besides costco, I dont go there) is NAPA.

Napa has still held the ground here in the suburb waste lands. We have NAPA branded high quality items. Example.
                    Sorry, digress.

WIX oil filters. One of the best IMO. JR

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post
                      The bright red paint made me think of a Lincoln or some other quality company. Some times the big manufacturers sell off their over run to other markets. The best example I can think of (besides costco, I dont go there) is NAPA.

Napa has still held the ground here in the suburb waste lands. We have NAPA branded high quality items. Example.
                      Sorry, digress.

WIX oil filters. One of the best IMO. JR
                      This red one made by Torin,have a 20 ton black one also Torin bought from Costco years ago named Black Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post

This red one made by Torin,have a 20 ton black one also Torin bought from Costco years ago named Black Jack.
                        Hahaa. You got a deal. I dont xhop at costco because I cant afford to. It used to be another name out here, The store. I could go bank rupt there. More is better? Hah a. Watch out massive shoppers. Inflation is a coming. And I like that. Have what you need// Now JR

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post

Hahaa. You got a deal. I dont xhop at costco because I cant afford to. It used to be another name out here, The store. I could go bank rupt there. More is better? Hah a. Watch out massive shoppers. Inflation is a coming. And I like that. Have what you need// Now JR
                          No, just the opposite of your sage advice. Plan for the future and buy non-perishable necessities while the price is low. Stockpile stuff like the Amish, Mennonites and Mormons.
                          Can't afford Costco? Get a part time job.

Comment

I've been noticing those lately. Seems like a good idea as it could save time jacking and blocking when you need that little bit of extra length. I can't think of how many times I ran out of reach with a bottle jack and had to add blocking and start over.
                            Funny thing is I've never seen any old US made ones. They all seem to be import stuff. Maybe it was considered a safety issue due to the extra extension. You know there are more seals involved.

JL...................

Comment

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post

Plan for the future and buy non-perishable necessities while the price is low. Stockpile stuff like the Amish, Mennonites and Mormons.
                              You will see a fair amount of long term necessities with some in and around rural areas.Years ago I delivered some Seed to a older couple and they insisted I come in for Coffee,sitting at the kitchen table the lady opened the Pantry Door, it was massive stocked to the ceiling.I’m sure that they had nearly a year supply of
                              non-perishable items.

Comment

Working...
                              X