New to me,Telescopic Bottle Jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post

No, just the opposite of your sage advice. Plan for the future and buy non-perishable necessities while the price is low. Stockpile stuff like the Amish, Mennonites and Mormons.
    Can't afford Costco? Get a part time job.
    Well Sir, we are talking about the same thing,

I meant that I spent my extra money not at costco () but for raw materials, like metal?

As a Home Shop (two car garage) person I saw the need to gather as much raw materials as I could for my retirement is all.

It seems it might coincide with a shortage of raw materials coming which I wont consider. Why? I bought as much raw materials from 1999 to ? that I thought would carry me to the end. JR

Comment

The welds where the base and the collar join the body of your Torin "Big Red" bottle jack look v-nice.

I don't own any Norco bottle jacks, but when I was shopping for new/used floor jacks and other kinds of hydraulic equipment, I felt that Norco's products provided a good balance of features, durability and price. That said, the semi or fully automatic welds on your Torin look a good deal better than the apparently manual welds on bottle jacks shown at Norco's site.

Even OTC bottle jacks don't have quite as nice weld continuity as that Torin: smaller beads, yes; but with noticable variations in width and height.

Did you only get one?

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post

Well Sir, we are talking about the same thing,

I meant that I spent my extra money not at costco () but for raw materials, like metal?

As a Home Shop (two car garage) person I saw the need to gather as much raw materials as I could for my retirement is all.

It seems it might coincide with a shortage of raw materials coming which I wont consider. Why? I bought as much raw materials from 1999 to ? that I thought would carry me to the end. JR
        If it were wood, it would be called wake wood. I guess you could call it wake scrap😁

Comment

Originally posted by EddyCurr View Post
          The welds where the base and the collar join the body of your Torin "Big Red" bottle jack look v-nice.

I don't own any Norco bottle jacks, but when I was shopping for new/used floor jacks and other kinds of hydraulic equipment, I felt that Norco's products provided a good balance of features, durability and price. That said, the semi or fully automatic welds on your Torin look a good deal better than the apparently manual welds on bottle jacks shown at Norco's site.

Even OTC bottle jacks don't have quite as nice weld continuity as that Torin: smaller beads, yes; but with noticable variations in width and height.

Did you only get one?
          The Torin is called Welded Bottle Jack,I thought they were all welded.I guess these telescopic jacks are common,but it’s a first for me,Strong Arm brand does not build them and are not welded.

Only got one.

Comment

Working...
          X