New to me Miller AC/DC buzz box welder - hot temp at connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Engelhardt View Post

Let's not get into dealing with aluminum wire - he said that the square wire is copper.
    I have repaired many Miller welders my friend.

---Doozer
    DZER

Comment

I think you are looking for love in all the wrong places fella.

-D
      DZER

Comment

No need to get involved in "Dick's sword fight"........
        CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post

Helder Ferreira
          Setubal, Portugal

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
            You're right!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Engelhardt View Post

Let's not get into dealing with aluminum wire - he said that the square wire is copper.
              First Bob tries to tell me what not to discuss (censorship)
              and then he attempts to correct me (rudeness)
              on something he is actually incorrect about. (ignorance)
              Don't go away mad, just go away.

-Doozer
              DZER

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post
                If you run a '61 Falcon, you are my kind of people. Kool !

-Doozer
                Thanks - it was the family car when I was a child and I first started driving it with my learner's permit in '74. Its been a fair weather car since I moved to MI in '85. While I was quite envious of others with 4 or 5 spd floor shift back when I first started driving, now I relish the three-on-a-tree. A few times I've had someone on a multi-lane road in stop and go traffic pace me to watch me shifting. The rest of the vehicles in the family fleet are all floor shift manual trans - including my wife's Fusion with a 6 spd.

Back on topic, the replacement for the broken stud/socket has been ordered and should be here next Monday - then I can get the welder buttoned up and get ready for the next welding project - dismantling my existing 5x9 utility trailer, rebuilding the frame with 3x2 longitudinal members (currently 2x2) and replacing the axle Current axle started out in life as the rear axle from an early '70s Honda 600 automobile, cut and stretched with a tube in the center - I am frequently at or over the limit of what the axle might have carried in the air cooled Honda 600.
                Metro Detroit

Comment

Yeah. Those connectors suck. I have replaced many of the. If it were me I would replace them with Dinse type connectors. Should be an easy retrofit.

Comment

Originally posted by macona View Post
                    Yeah. Those connectors suck. I have replaced many of the. If it were me I would replace them with Dinse type connectors. Should be an easy retrofit.
                    Just how are they any better than Tweco? He's have to convert all his cables as well or use adapters (another place for corrosion to form).

Comment

The straight pin jacks that Miller used to use were marginal even when new IMHO. I wouldn't hesitate to replace them with Tweco.
                      25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Working...
                      X