I'm pitching McMaster catalogs #124 & 126 unless someone wants em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm pitching McMaster catalogs #124 & 126 unless someone wants em

De-rubbling the workshop. For cost of media mail postage I'll ship it to you if you want. otherwise they get recycled. I've been kicking this can down the road a long time, I've got like 25 ft of catalogs from the 90s that need to go. I even found some volumes of the Thomas Register I thought I pitched long ago.

I will be glad to pay the postage for #126.

I will PM you with my e-mail.

Paul A.
    SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
    You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Great! One down. But I just found a copy of 121! Damn, I could heat the house with these things...

Comment

I have another #126. Same deal.

Edit - This one is spoken for by a PM.
        Last edited by Toolguy; 11-05-2021, 07:54 PM.
        Kansas City area

Comment

Originally posted by gellfex View Post
          Damn, I could heat the house with these things...
          Its like Cord Wood!

An expression of a massive amount of Wood, a Cord of it. JR

Comment

Ok, while we are at it I have a #124 that is free to a good home. Same deal, yours for cost of shipping. First come, first served.

Comment

Originally posted by alanganes View Post
              Ok, while we are at it I have a #124 that is free to a good home. Same deal, yours for cost of shipping. First come, first served.
              I'll take it and be happy to pay S&H.

Comment

Originally posted by dalesvp View Post

I'll take it and be happy to pay S&H.
                Very good Dave, Done. Please PM me with your shipping address and we can sort out the details from there,
                Thanks!

Comment

Years ago I had the chance to get an entire pallet load of last years MMC catalogs, maybe 300 of them, for nothing and passed it up. Then I found out they were easy to sell on Ebay for $10 a piece!

Comment

This reminds me of something I spotted while watching the movie Big Hero 6 with my kids a couple weeks ago. The movie's protagonist & his older brother (who dies, because it's Disney...) build robots in a lab at a local university. Whoever put together the background details for the lab had the insight to very clearly put a McMaster catalogue on the shelf. Thought it was a neat touch that showed some research. Unfortunately the rest of the machines and processes they showed going on didn't really match reality.

Click image for larger version

Name:	?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F30%2Fd3%2F44%2F30d344112d9f2c324ceaa96653b9d50d--pixar-movies-big-hero-.jpg&f=1&nofb=1.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	1969425
                    Cayuga, Ontario, Canada

Comment

In other news - after fire, floods, and plague I think we may have finally reached the end of times. Got a notification from our purchaser today that McMaster back ordered some dowel pins on us until February due to supply chain issues. Can this civilization continue to exist if McMaster-Carr runs out of inventory!!!
                      Cayuga, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Tom S View Post
                        In other news - after fire, floods, and plague I think we may have finally reached the end of times. Got a notification from our purchaser today that McMaster back ordered some dowel pins on us until February due to supply chain issues. Can this civilization continue to exist if McMaster-Carr runs out of inventory!!!
                        I doubt it. Do you feel lucky? You could spend a day digging through the net and find the someone who has stock. There's always someone with odd crap sitting on their shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by gellfex View Post

I doubt it. Do you feel lucky? You could spend a day digging through the net and find the someone who has stock. There's always someone with odd crap sitting on their shelf.
                          Oh, it won't be a problem in the long run. I'm sure with a few phone calls we can find it from someone else and we have the time on this project to make that happen. But once and a while we rely on McMaster to save something that is going sideways, which usually means we need something now. McMaster not having stuff in stock is a bit scary in that sense.
                          Cayuga, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Tom S View Post

Oh, it won't be a problem in the long run. I'm sure with a few phone calls we can find it from someone else and we have the time on this project to make that happen. But once and a while we rely on McMaster to save something that is going sideways, which usually means we need something now. McMaster not having stuff in stock is a bit scary in that sense.
                            Yeah, in show business it's always NOW! I'm I'm totally spoiled because I'm lucky enough to have same day delivery. But they didn't used to really hose you if part of the order was not coming from the local warehouse, now it's shipping price is like it's a separate order, and you have to look closely before hitting PLACE ORDER.

Comment

Toolguy

not sure if messaging is working correctly, saw you last message just yesterday, I was looking everyday but seems I do not know how to use the system, sent you a response. If you did not get it let me know here. Otherwise it had my email in it.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X