Suspenders in the Shop !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RancherBill View Post
    Get an Elastic belt. I had your problem, started with suspenders and then evolved to Elastic Belts. They expand and contract as you move around or get up and down and keep your pants in place, They do "wear out" as the elasticity decreases so you need to change every 6 months.
    I would think with the cheap skate nature of most of the guys here
    that a bungee cord around their waist would be better received.

-Doozer
    DZER

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post

-Doozer
      Maybe they should we 2 bungee cords put them over their shoulders and hook them to their belt loops and call them suspenders

Comment

Originally posted by RB140 View Post

Maybe they should we 2 bungee cords put them over their shoulders and hook them to their belt loops and call them suspenders
        One thousand percent yeah! ! ! !

--Doozer
        DZER

Comment

I have to wear ball suspenders --- but they are more of an undergarment, so no loose straps or anything and can't get caught in any of the machinery that I run....

Comment

Oh, Boomer, you left yourself wide open on that one
            I cut it off twice; it's still too short
            Oregon, USA

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Clarke View Post
              Oh, Boomer, you left yourself wide open on that one
              only if machinery ever did get ahold of one of the straps ---

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
                I have to wear ball suspenders --- but they are more of an undergarment, so no loose straps or anything and can't get caught in any of the machinery that I run....
                Sounds like you should watch this PSA...

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post

-Doozer
                  For them, buying pants that fit properly is out of the question.
                  Similar to the geezers you see at fleamarkets, swap meets, estate sales, wearing their old suit pants with some dirty shirt, because the pants aren't worn out yet..

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Edwards View Post

Sounds like you should watch this PSA...

It just goes to show you - just when you think you got it difficult there's always someone out there that has it worse - always something to be grateful for...

Comment

First of all, NEVER use clipon suspenders. Always either rivet on buttons or use the type of suspenders that have loops for your belt. The suspenders hold up your belt and the belt holds up the pants.

If the actual problem is the snaps catching because they stick out, then get the belt loop type. These are the belt loop type suspenders I use:

https://welchworkwear.com/in-3800.html

metalmagpie

Comment

I just did a stupid thing. The nice Amazon driver dropped off a nice new R8 shank 1.25" three cutter end mill. Of course I had to try it. I was three surfaces into squaring off a hunk of rusty block when I realized I was wearing a sweater that loves to hold the curly little chips.

I know it's not suspenders hooking on handles (I admit to laughing a bit at the "sudden reversal" ) but it's still annoying....... ESPECIALLY since I've been thinking for over a year now that a shop apron would be a very nice thing to start using....

So.... heavy cotton denim like cloth or thin leather? And if leather smooth "patent" or is suede OK? Which works best in a metal shop?
                        Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post

So.... heavy cotton denim like cloth or thin leather? And if leather smooth "patent" or is suede OK? Which works best in a metal shop?
                          Im assuming your talking for ball suspenders? dude u got to go with cotton no if's and or buts about it --- first off - if you have this particular problem to begin with to where you have to add support you also got to let the boys breathe - it's just as important as supporting them... no leather or suede --- unless you like being uncomfortable while walking around the shop stinking and have already had all the kids you want...

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post

Im assuming your talking for ball suspenders? dude u got to go with cotton no if's and or buts about it --- first off - if you have this particular problem to begin with to where you have to add support you also got to let the boys breathe - it's just as important as supporting them... no leather or suede --- unless you like being uncomfortable while walking around the shop stinking and have already had all the kids you want...
                            ... I'll just sit back and wait for the emergency train crew to arrive and see if there are any survivors from this violent de-railment.....

I was referring to options for a shop APRON......

Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post

... I'll just sit back and wait for the emergency train crew to arrive and see if there are any survivors from this violent de-railment.....

I was referring to options for a shop APRON......
                              oh Apron,,, go with anything but polyester or terry cloth lol

Comment

I got my $15 suspenders from Etsy and as soon as I bent over, the back clip broke. It was just sheet metal and rather cheaply made. I hope to get at least a partial refund. I fixed them sort of by replacing the clip with a key ring through the rear belt loop of my pants. Meanwhile I've found much better suspenders, but at least I can get an idea of how well they might work with these.

Click image for larger version

Name:	il_1140xN.1650996903_rrao.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	1999772
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Suspenders_20220506_222221670_HDR.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	1999773 Click image for larger version

Name:	Suspenders_20220506_222246172_HDR.jpg
Views:	69