• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple welding project

Click image for larger version

Name:	06234F58-9176-4029-9FBA-785F55485339.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	3.87 MB
ID:	1971667 Made a bracket for thrust levers for my VR rig. This rig can switch between car racing and combat flight simulation.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	C911CE65-4573-44A0-9722-5DED644BC529.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	4.46 MB
ID:	1971668 Click image for larger version

Name:	EEF964F5-59FE-416D-BA1A-54552160EA7F.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	3.24 MB
ID:	1971666

Looks nice.
    what goes on it during auto mode?
    What era do you usually combat flight?

Sid

Comment

Oooo This should be good. I really want to build a simulation rig for flying and I racing sometime in the future when we get better internet. I really miss racing, but don't miss the cost, and the flying through the air part lol.

Comment

Easier than getting a scrap cockpit, they don’t fit through doors ( I used to work for hawker Siddly, we had quite a few in the scrap yard, hunters, gnats even a Vulcan belonging to AV roe aka avro
        definatly too big for a living room but cool, nice job
        mark

Comment

Originally posted by sid pileski View Post
          Looks nice.
          what goes on it during auto mode?
          What era do you usually combat flight?

Sid
          Just leave it as is for cars. The rudder pedals I’ll remove, the car pedals swing down in place. The shelf that holds my Fanatec DD wheel base mounts to 80/20 rails. The center stick is on rails, loosen 4 screws, it removes.
          Just setup the tactile transducer for DCS world, so now I feel airframe buffeting from approaching a stall, bumps on runway, afterburner kicking on.
          I fly from WW1 up to fairly recent with FA18C’s and block 52 F16’s. Right now I’m enjoying flying the F5E in a Cold War setting. All in VR.

Comment

I’m a particular fan of piston engine fighters. F4U and then P51 D. I had the opportunity to sit in the P51 “ obsession“ a couple ole of years ago.
            I’m a big fan of the B29 bomber, as my dad was a radar tech on them in WWII on the island of Tinian.
            I’ve never had the opportunity to use VR, but I bet it brings things to a whole other level.

Comment

You could bolt a concrete vibrator to the seat and you’ve got the full piston experience,( how those guys did it amazes me)
              mark

Comment

I’m a particular fan of piston engine fighters. F4U and then P51 D. I had the opportunity to sit in the P51 “ obsession“ a couple ole of years ago.
                I’m a big fan of the B29 bomber, as my dad was a radar tech on them in WWII on the island of Tinian.
                I’ve never had the opportunity to use VR, but I bet it brings things to a whole other level.
                I fly the P51D and P47 in DCS in VR. They are making an F4U, maybe another year. VR is such life changing for me that I cannot play ANY simulator unless it’s VR. You are sucked right into the cockpit with stereo graphic 3D and fluid head tracking, 6 DOF. The tactile transducer makes you feel what’s going on and I just ordered a Force Feedback stick base from Switzerland. Pro level simulator piece that cost as much as my Bridgeport.
                Last edited by RB211; 11-24-2021, 11:55 PM.

Comment

What sim program are you using?

Comment

What sim program are you using?
                    DCS World

Comment

Simple welding project

Man? I thought I was going to see some welding,

No such thing there, oh well.. JR

Comment

didn't see the picture with the welded metal pieces on a welding table then?

Cool project RB, looks pro!

Comment

It only looks good because of the grinder, perhaps if I fix the hose leak on the Tig and get another 50 hours in I could start to show off some beads. Thank you though.

Comment

As my own welding attests, a grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't!

Comment

Working...
                            X