Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tim The Grim View Post

give the man a cigar !!!
    How should we send that cigar? ...UPS? or USPS?

Certainly not FEDEX; might end up in a ravine. Like this:
    https://www.google.com/search?client...+into+a+ravine
    Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

After a few days away last year I found a parcel for my neighbour on my garden shed door. Then last Saturday I walked up and down a street delivering leaflets; at least half the people were out and 5 had Amazon parcels on the doorstep. These are doors only a yard or two from the pavement so easily visible. Easy pickings.
      By the way different rant. Have you tried delivering a leaflet through your own letterbox? Some are set up by complete dipsticks. Heavy duty spring on the outside one, then a brush system that needs a jack hammer to penetrate it, then a magnetically held inner one. Then have the whole thing at ground level. I'm surprised the Post Office doesn't refuse deliveries to houses that can't be civil enough to make it an easy operation.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim The Grim View Post

give the man a cigar !!!
        Hahaaa! Give the Man a blunt, I mean cigar..

Hey I was just spurting cause I was mad that I may not get the item and they will fight me over it..

No big deal. I have no recourse so its just an up hill battle if it doesn't show. I like my local USPS folks. This sucks... JR

Comment

These are doors only a yard or two from the pavement so easily visible. Easy pickings.
          So, did you get anything good?
          "A machinist's (WHAP!) best friend (WHAP! WHAP!) is his hammer. (WHAP!)" - Fred Tanner, foreman, Lunenburg Foundry and Engineering machine shop, circa 1979

Comment

Originally posted by lynnl View Post

How should we send that cigar? ...UPS? or USPS?

Certainly not FEDEX; might end up in a ravine. Like this:
            https://www.google.com/search?client...+into+a+ravine
            Nope: send it DHL, for the experience of extra expense
            25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Porch Pirate? Dropped at wrong address?

I had an Amazon delivery last year and they texted a picture of the package as proof of delivery. Great. Picture showed package resting against side of a tree. OK...and it's nowhere to be found. Now what. Following day I'm on my way out to the woodlot and I spy something on the side of the path. Amazon driver had gone down the old dirt cart trail that's past the paved driveway entrance and left the box leaning up against a tree such that it couldn't be seen from the road. If it wasn't for my needing wood that day I might not ever have discovered the package. Where's Waldo Delivery Service

Comment

Doozer, I said IF UPS DOES NOTHING, then call the police. And yes, you should talk courteously with UPS. If you get into a "he said; she said" situation, a police report may be necessary and you should not delay it for too long. Neither should you delay for too long to notify a credit card company if they are involved. It may not be necessary, but they do have time limits on their responsibility. This does not come from any past hurt I suffered. It is just the proper way to protect yourself in situations like this.

Actually, the shipper should also be notified because any financial reimbursement from UPS will need to come through them as they are UPS's customer, not you. Worse case: UPS reimburses them and they take care of you. The shipper owns the insurance, not the receiver. Of course, many companies that ship things are self insured or have their own private insurance (it costs a lot less that way) so UPS may not even be in the mix.

And in all probability, UPS just made a mistake and things will be rectified. In a day or three.

Originally posted by Doozer View Post

Call the police?
                Really for real ?
                Society must have hurt you pretty bad
                to have a shoot from the hip attitude like that.
                Works better to try more honey and less of
                whatever you have brewing there.

-D
                Paul A.
                SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
                You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Originally posted by Baz View Post
                  After a few days away last year I found a parcel for my neighbour on my garden shed door. Then last Saturday I walked up and down a street delivering leaflets; at least half the people were out and 5 had Amazon parcels on the doorstep. These are doors only a yard or two from the pavement so easily visible. Easy pickings.
                  By the way different rant. Have you tried delivering a leaflet through your own letterbox? Some are set up by complete dipsticks. Heavy duty spring on the outside one, then a brush system that needs a jack hammer to penetrate it, then a magnetically held inner one. Then have the whole thing at ground level. I'm surprised the Post Office doesn't refuse deliveries to houses that can't be civil enough to make it an easy operation.
                  They are trying to tell you they don’t want your leaflets.

Comment

Originally posted by macona View Post
                    Ive had USPS packages not delivered but got the delivery notification. Usually shows up the next day.
                    ^This.
                    It sat in the bottom of the pile in the truck and was missed. At end of day the driver figures eff it, I'll drop it off tomorrow.

Although with rona and general malaise the US post has big staffing problems. They can't hire people because a high percentage of applicants can't pass a drug test. And today's people don't want to work. I've had packages get rerouted a thousand miles away before they showed up a week late.
                    Last edited by I make chips; 11-30-2021, 10:57 AM.

Comment

For some reason, at least in my rural area, Amazon has switched to sending large boxes by USPS while envelopes and small packages are delivered by Fedex or UPS. I recently was told by Alexa and by e-mail that a delivery had been attempted. I'd been home all day and nobody had come by but it made me suspect that the USPS had a box that was too big to put in the mail box. I walked the 1/4 mile to the mail box and sure enough, there was a notice of two over size boxes being held at the post office. I drove into town to pick them up and they barely fit into the rear of the 4runner without having to fold the rear seat(25"X42"X9" ea) and combined weight of 75 lbs. Why they send something that big by USPS is beyond me. I have also received e-mails saying a package has been delivered but it doesn't show up for hours but I don't think I've had anything show up the day after getting a notification.

Comment

Originally posted by I make chips View Post

^This.
                        It sat in the bottom of the pile in the truck and was missed. At end of day the driver figures eff it, I'll drop it off tomorrow.

Although with rona and general malaise the US post has big staffing problems. They can't hire people because a high percentage of applicants can't pass a drug test. And today's people don't want to work. I've had packages get rerouted a thousand miles away before they showed up a week late.
                        Bingo! The package did finally show up.. I dont think it was at the bottom of the truck, I think they drug it behind the truck Hey, Im just happy to receive it. JR

Click image for larger version

Name:	USPS.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	1972607

Comment

Sounds like a personal problem.
                          Hope you work it out.
                          Dusty2

Comment

I used to believe that Fedex was the worst, then my set of precison ground norton stones from Lance Baltzley went from Florida to Kentucky to GUAM to California via USPS priority mail, so there's that...
                            -paul

Comment

Between my wife and I (mostly her) it's a rare day there isn't an Amazon package on the porch. The delivery people knock loudly leaving packages near the door which is about 40 feet from the sidewalk in plain view. Totally amazing we don't lose packages. Our neighborhood is million+ home$, but classified as a high crime area because of car prowls and petty theft.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty2 View Post

Sounds like a personal problem.

Hope you work it out.

Dusty2

Hahaa. Yeah, all my problems are my own, as are everyone's each no doubt. Very perspective of you to see that.

You must be of a very unique family to notice this so easily. Yes, our (personal) issues are our issues, thank you Sir for the insight.

Hope it worked out?

Yes thank you for asking, it did. The 3/4" ratchet drive did arrive completely (Pictures provided), like I posted . All the sockets and the drive so it did work out. Thanks for the inquiry.

Thanks for your concern, I appreciate it. JR

Comment

Working...
                                X