Have I been robbed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I been robbed?

Guy had an CL ad for this hydraulic lift table for 100 bucks and when I got there to look at it he said I had to take this big heavy metal thing on top or no deal.πŸ˜‰ Now I guess I'll have to restore it because I am too OCD to use something that looks like this. Seriously tho what type of 'finish' does Evaporust leave on a table like this? Is it best to EVap it and Scotchbright it? Just Scotchbrite on a test patch leaves bright and dark spots. Never used Evap before so what say yall experts? Its a 15 incher. I did pay 100 bucks tho, for both. But I did spend five bucks on gasoline to clean it up if that makes any difference.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT6529.jpg
Views:	1022
Size:	635.0 KB
ID:	1973000

Name:	PICT6530.jpg
Views:	992
Size:	638.4 KB
ID:	1973001

Name:	PICT6531.jpg
Views:	998
Size:	574.9 KB
ID:	1973002

That die cart is perfect for a cramped shop.
    Score.

-D
    DZER

Comment

That β€œrust” doesn’t really look that bad in the photos. Personally before I gave it a dip I think I would try 00 or 000 steel wool and some gun oil like CLP and see what it comes out like.

Comment

Agree with oxford.

You sure enough got rooked though, having to take that junky lift table along with the R/T πŸ˜‰

Keep eye on ball.
        Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

Birds are NOT real, they are spying on you

Comment

Very nice score!! You must have been good lately (Karma).. That spot where you scrubbed it looks pretty good. Should clean right up. Id use some WD40 or similar "Lub" along with the pad. JR

Comment

OMG are you kidding me? and a Troyke to boot... yeah sorry but You suck worse than a Hoover... damn that thing looks brand new...

Comment

I shudder to think the amount of money you must have spent on fuel to transport all that useless iron all the way back to your shop. How will you ever recover from such an expense.......πŸ˜‰

When it comes to vintage brands known for quality, Troyke is one of the better ones. So.....yeah....you was robbed, you was, and just to add insult to injury let me be the first to congratulate you with a heartfelt You Suck! 😁

Comment

Here is the before and after using Evapo-rust.

Name:	IMG_5494.jpg
Views:	873
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	1973021

Comment

What do people use lift tables for anyways lol

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
                    What do people use lift tables for anyways lol
                    That little table in the OP, I don’t know. I have seen some welding tables built on a scissor type table that looked like it could be pretty useful.

Comment

They use lift tables to get 15 inch rotary tables on and off the mill. Yep, you got ripped off pretty bad on that deal. I'll give you scrap price for it, just so you can get some of your money back...
                      Kansas City area

Comment

I feel so sorry for you, you were really taken !!!!

Evapo rust leaves a sort of dull etched finish. The surface rust doesn't look that bad. I usually clean stuff like that up with a soft wire brush first followed by 400 gt. sand paper and WD 40.
                        The Evapo rust may clean out the deeper pits if any.

JL.............

Comment

Boy, he saw you coming a mile away

+1 for Scotchbrite and WD
                          I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Maroon scotchbrite and mineral spirits. Thats what I use for my mill table.

Comment

Originally posted by Tungsten dipper View Post
                              Here is the before and after using Evapo-rust.

Name:	IMG_5494.jpg
Views:	873
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	1973021
                              Thanks for posting these pics, I think Evapo is the ticket to get into the pits and then a good scrubbing.

Comment

Working...
                              X