No announcement yet.

Have I been robbed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the table doesn't come out just right I think I will ask the guy for my money back and return it, but not the lift. I hate getting screwed over!

Comment

Good Score, I got the Exact same lift table at Auction for Free.The day after the Auction went to pickup Goodies I bought and this table was sitting outside that somehow was not included in the Sale,the Forklift Guy said throw it in truck or it’s going in Scrap Bin!

Comment

Originally posted by Tungsten dipper View Post
        Here is the before and after using Evapo-rust.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5494.jpg
Views:	873
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	1973021
        Is that a Yantai RT ?

JL.....

Comment

Originally posted by vectorwarbirds View Post

Thanks for posting these pics, I think Evapo is the ticket to get into the pits and then a good scrubbing.
          Yeah,

I dont like to give advice when none was asked for ( my biggest complaint around some sites).

But you did ask a question, so? Open season, yes

I am no expert re: evaporust stuff.

I have 5 gallon tanks of it for some items. I dont suggest it for everything. I dont suggest it for this table, just saying.

Not even as a wash for the scrub pad. I would not do that... JR

""Seriously tho what type of 'finish' does Evaporust leave on a table like this? Is it best to EVap it and Scotchbright it? Just Scotchbrite on a test patch leaves bright and dark spots. Never used Evap before so what say yall experts?""

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
            Is that a Yantai RT ?

JL.....
            Made in Japan

Name:	CC8A479F-C18B-433F-9CA3-F04A428EB202_1_105_c.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	1973058

Comment

Originally posted by Tungsten dipper View Post

Made in Japan

Name:	CC8A479F-C18B-433F-9CA3-F04A428EB202_1_105_c.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	1973058
              The dial and hand wheel look exactly the same as my Yantai other than mine can be used vertically. Which has come in pretty handy.

JL...................

Name:	IMG-20180423-192304.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	239.6 KB
ID:	1973066

Comment

Originally posted by vectorwarbirds View Post
                If the table doesn't come out just right I think I will ask the guy for my money back and return it, but not the lift. I hate getting screwed over!
                If if it cleans up okay, you kinda screw'd.
                You now need a larger mill or might be forced to buy a small HBM.

Comment

I think he should have given you ten dollars to take the heavy thing away. . You can remove the rust from the surface with oiled wire wool and elbow grease without worrying about damaging any critical tolerances. I would take it to bits to clean and relubricate it myself.

Comment

I would've said 'no deal'. Or more precisely, my back would have said it and insisted I pass on the message. That MF looks HEAVY! Exactly the reason it's on the table.

Comment

other than the back ache you might have gotten when loading and unloading it, I believe that you might be considered the robber rather than the robbee... nice score.

Comment

Evaporust is pretty expensive. Molasses gives the same results for much less if you can let it soak for about two weeks. Just somethin' to consider...

Comment

While molasses definitely works I find it much more prone to flash rusting than using evaporust. ER is expensive but it lasts a long time. Just keep putting stuff in the bucket until it doesn’t work anymore

Comment

"... to get 15 inch rotary tables on and off the mill."

Well, DUHH YES!

PS: I have a 10" RT with some rust that I need to clean up. And make a cart to allow me to get it on and off the mill table.

Originally posted by Toolguy View Post
                            They use lift tables to get 15 inch rotary tables on and off the mill. Yep, you got ripped off pretty bad on that deal. I'll give you scrap price for it, just so you can get some of your money back...
                            Paul A.
                            SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
                            You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Dig a hole in the yard and drop it in it if you don't want it.

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                                Dig a hole in the yard and drop it in it if you don't want it.
                                I am not doing any digging! My digging days are long gone!

Comment

Working...
                                X