Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has This Taken The Place Of Paint Stripper ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I asked this exact question on RCM 19 years ago. Here's the thread: https://groups.google.com/g/rec.craf...cJ?hl=en&hl=en

In the end I used the propane burner from my foundry furnace & burned it off. Outside & up wind.

Comment

Originally posted by gellfex View Post
      So is there ANYTHING locally available that will strip powder coat? It seems the situation has gotten crazy with all the actually effective strippers off the market.
      Find somebody in your locale that does dustless blasting.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32SbR8CgmBY

I found a guy where I live that does it. It's very reasonable cost wise and pretty much the only effective way to get rid of powder coat. Regular paint goes away really fast and a plus is it leaves a blended consistent surface finish, so your new coating goes on nice.
      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

I've seen these for a while. There are the cheap 20euro ones that Back Forest sees and then there are the others. The cheapest from unknown company in China is 10K cad, there's several in Canada at 20-50K cad. I have even seen a promo on Tiktok for a guy around Calgary selling them.

They have interested me for a couple of projects and as a potential business. I would pay $2-400 for a project garden tractor that I am restoring down to bare metal.

Comment

And these methods are supposed to be SAFER than paint stripper?

I guess I am missing something.
          Paul A.
          SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
          You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
            And these methods are supposed to be SAFER than paint stripper?

I guess I am missing something.
            Safer...... in some respects but the method also introduces new hazards that you didn't have with the chemical stripper.

JL.............

Comment

Working...
            X