No announcement yet.

OT It's been a slice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is awesome, I hope the best for you and your family. Best of luck to you and your Doctors.

Comment

Good news indeed! Last year around this time I was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer that had metastasized to bones and other organs. Usual prognosis was 3-6 months. But fortunately I have a rare form which is caused by a RET gene mutation, and I have been taking a very new oral medication called Retevmo that has mostly gotten rid of the tumors and my lungs are clear and I feel pretty good. The experience has given me a new appreciation for life and the time I may have left, and it has helped inspire me to attempt various projects such as the simple VFD. There are some annoying and worrisome side effects such as high blood pressure, dry mouth, and skin rashes, but they are much more tolerable than the usual miseries of chemo. Good to hear that you may be with us for quite a while longer.
      http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
      Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
      USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Fantastic news !
        Illigitimi non Carborundum 😎
        9X49 Birmingham Mill, Reid Model 2C Grinder, 13x40 ENCO GH Lathe, 6X18 Craftsman lathe, Sherline CNC mill, Eastwood TIG200 AC/DC and lots of stuff from 30+ years in the trade and 15.5 in refinery unit operations. Now retired. El Paso, TX

Comment

That's great news! Congrats on a new lease on life.
          At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

We are all sending our positive thoughts your way.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Good to hear,were pulling for you!!!

Comment

Man that's what I call a Chrismas present. Good luck to you in your treatment Arcane.
                Peter - novice home machinist, modern motorcycle enthusiast.

Denford Viceroy 280 Synchro (11 x 24)
                Herbert 0V adapted to R8 by 'Sir John'.
                Monarch 10EE 1942

Comment

Keep on keeping on. It's good news if the doctor is optimistic. I hope you get plenty more enjoyment out of your shop time.

Comment

Great news!
                    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Originally posted by PStechPaul View Post
                      Good news indeed! Last year around this time I was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer that had metastasized to bones and other organs. Usual prognosis was 3-6 months. But fortunately I have a rare form which is caused by a RET gene mutation, and I have been taking a very new oral medication called Retevmo that has mostly gotten rid of the tumors and my lungs are clear and I feel pretty good. The experience has given me a new appreciation for life and the time I may have left, and it has helped inspire me to attempt various projects such as the simple VFD. There are some annoying and worrisome side effects such as high blood pressure, dry mouth, and skin rashes, but they are much more tolerable than the usual miseries of chemo. Good to hear that you may be with us for quite a while longer.
                      We been thinking about you too Paul --- all I knew was that you were continuing to post and that was a good thing - I did not realize it was this good, very glad to hear it....

Comment

Thanks for all the encouraging posts; they mean a lot to me, especially yours Paul. It proves there's always the possibility of surviving.

Comment

Good news Arcane. I have an Uncle that has been given "timelines" a few times over the last 20 years. Modern cancer treatments and medicine are truly amazing and always evolving. Keep your spirits high and take it as it comes. Never give up the fight.

Comment

Arcane

In the following video of a talk that Brian Shul gave to an audience at Lawrence Livermore, he says some words which may resonate with you on the subject of how adversity led him to become an ex SR-71 pilot.
                            The video is 1-1/4 hrs - long when time is especially precious. Perhaps, in the hurry-up-and-wait world in which critical health care patients exist, there may be opportunities where viewing will prove to be a welcome diversion.

Here is to fortitude; caring companions, capable advocates and light moments that make your sides hurt in a good way along this journey.

Comment

That sounds like hopeful news. My well wishes and prayers are going your way. Hope we will have you with us for many more years.

Originally posted by Arcane View Post
                              Good news! Much to my elation, today I finally, FINALLY!!!, got to talk face to face with the doctor who is going to handle my case. The doctors have finally decided what type of cancer I actually have; they may have said what it was but unfortunately my memory is like a sieve and I don't remember except it's the same type that I had in 2009 which forced the total removal of my right kidney. They checked me twice yearly for the first 3 years after that and then yearly for 2 and all was clear. Unfortunately it's spread this time and is classified as a grade 4 cancer...the worst rating.

He will commence an "immunololgical" treatment in two days and he's optimistic that he can add 3 - 4 years to my life if all goes well.

Wish me luck!
                              Paul A.
                              SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
                              You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Arcane, we are so sorry you have to go through this. But we (my wife and I) have been through this before, She has BEAT cancer TWICE now. First Breast cancer and second, Lung cancer. I think one of the most important things to her success was her ability, through the internet to research the type of cancer she had and to study the types of treatments available for her needs. Knowing this Information she was able to ask her medical providers questions that pertained to her situation. This make a lot of difference to them that you know a good deal of what is going on. Keep up hope, as each and every day new break throughs are at hand. Concentrate all your thoughts and being on yourself and don't let outside BS let you down. WE want you to know we are thinking of you.

I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.
                                Oregon Coast

Comment

Working...
                                X