Nash almost 100 years old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nash almost 100 years old

Phoenix has virtually endless automotive junkyards. Nothing rusts here. I found this one in Tempe on Mary Street. The old car was right up against a fence but I had my Olympus OM-1n and a 21mm lens to record this on Kodak Gold 200 film.

It's a Nash, and appears to be a coupe from the late 1920s. My grandfather had a 1949 "bathtub" Nash, which was long enough to sleep in. A Swedish carpenter, he never had the funds to buy an Ambassador in the 1920s.

Any other Nash guys here?

Attached Files
    Allan Ostling

Phoenix, Arizona

Any other pics besides the "cow catcher" front end ???

Comment

College buddy would go on regards Nash incorporating the convenience of the first full lay down passenger seat.

Wasn’t Nash along with Kaiser, Fraser the first three to crank up manufacturing at the end of WWII?

Comment

Guess you better snap that one right up before some rat-rod guy spots it.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
          Any other pics besides the "cow catcher" front end ???
          No, I am wary of junkyard dogs.

Allan Ostling

Phoenix, Arizona

Comment

My aunt has a Nash Healey

Comment

My mother had a 1953 Nash Rambler. When it quit she gave it to my uncle who was building a house. He put it over an embankment, ran a pipe in one window and used it for a septic tank.
              A guy I knew was in college and had a Nash that had some sort of minor problem, like a dead battery. He was not mechanically inclined so he sold it to me for $10 lol. I have a few funny stories about that car.

Comment

That is awesome! That body work looks pretty straight and solid. There is a restaurant in Racine, WI called The Nash which at one tine was a Nash dealer, they need that for the entrance!

Comment

Originally posted by dogzbody1 View Post
                  That is awesome! That body work looks pretty straight and solid. There is a restaurant in Racine, WI called The Nash which at one tine was a Nash dealer, they need that for the entrance!
                  It is visible in this Google Maps street view: https://goo.gl/maps/tgY5GPUHUNWoSoFw6 The Nash has been moved closer to the fence since then, and hemmed in by other cars.

Allan Ostling

Phoenix, Arizona

Comment

Hopefully there was some kinda front bumper before that huge cowcatcher gap,,, otherwise WTF was the strategy - try to scoop up debris and pump it into the radiator???

Maybe a way for Jed to catch a possum for Granny to cook up... ?

Comment

Is that a bolt cutter on the left fender?

Beep Beep!
                      Last edited by PStechPaul; 12-17-2021, 11:34 PM.
                      http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                      Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                      USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Originally posted by Ridgerunner View Post
                        My mother had a 1953 Nash Rambler. When it quit she gave it to my uncle who was building a house. He put it over an embankment, ran a pipe in one window and used it for a septic tank.
                        A guy I knew was in college and had a Nash that had some sort of minor problem, like a dead battery. He was not mechanically inclined so he sold it to me for $10 lol. I have a few funny stories about that car.
                        My mother also drove a Rambler at one time. She was always asking my Dad why I asked to borrow her car when I went on a date! My own car was much sportier. My father knew exactly why I took her car but he never ratted me out. Many fond memories.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

I grew up in Kenosha, rust belt home of AMC. In the 60s ramblers we're a popular low cost economy car. They were built cheaply. Plenty of low cost winter beaters around for sale. I had a 62 rambler. They rivaled a Volkswagen beetle in gas economy and then the seat feature was why kids wanted them. My kid brother aways wanted to borrow the car.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
                            Hopefully there was some kinda front bumper before that huge cowcatcher gap,,,
                            The front bumper appears in the street view (reply #9), dating from an earlier time. I didn't give it any thought -- my OP photo may have omitted showing the bumper in the super-wide angle view.
                            Allan Ostling

Phoenix, Arizona

Comment

Here is a 1925 Nash, which looks quite similar:

https://www.mydreamcar.online/2021/0...-advanced-six/

Click image for larger version

Name:	1925nash105998-03.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	391.1 KB
ID:	1975441
                              http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                              Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                              USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Working...
                              X