Let's bash This Old Tony!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's bash This Old Tony!

Tony doesn't visit here anymore. I feel used! We gave him his start and encouraged him in his machining journey and what does he do? He abandons us when he gets famous on YouTube. We remember when he was excited about getting 1000 subscribers and now he is at almost a Million. Does he come on here and say hello once in a while? NO. We were just stepping stones for him. After he milked us all and got all he thought he could get he divorced us. Threw us out with the bathwater. Ignores us. Pretends he doesn't know us. As I wrote I feel used and dirty for not seeing his true nature....I even sent him some tooling......never again. Just kidding! But you know in every joke there is a little truth.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Don't recall an Old Tony here; what username did he go by?
    Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

I prefer him spending his time making his videos rather than post here.

Comment

Such is the mentality of "show people".
        He likely is doing his winter machining in St. Moritz now while tooling up a shop in Tahiti come spring when he can't go shoosting down the slopes between autograph sessions.
        Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
        Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Gosh.... the bitterness!
          CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Never really watched his YT although he's been recommended numerous times. I like Blondihacks, Rolling Metal and Vintage Machinery mostly.

Comment

Really??
              “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence”

Lewis Grizzard

Comment

Originally posted by Dave C View Post
                Really??
                Who you asking Really?

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

I cannot say much about the machining videos, I just browse them briefly and then go to MY shop and get on with MY projects instead.
                  But I will add that those who join a group, stay a while, soak up knowledge like sponges and then move on without looking in the rear view mirror, and without ever contributing again to the group leave a very bad taste behind.
                  The lingering thought that an inquisitive newcomer might simply" Milk us for all he can get" and then deliberately abandon us makes some of us wary of giving all the help we could give.
                  Fortunately there are few of these people about in our hobby.
                  In over 40 yrs with Toronto Society of Model Engineers I can recall only one former member who disappointed us in grand style.
                  Regards Davod Powell

Comment

A guy starts out here and now is an expert. What am I missing? Did he used to sell used cars or had a religious program on TV or maybe sold insurance ?
                    Something doesn't add up.

Sarge41

Comment

Originally posted by Jonesy View Post
                      Never really watched his YT although he's been recommended numerous times. I like Blondihacks, Rolling Metal and Vintage Machinery mostly.
                      Tony's the best, perfect combo of learning with laughter...

Comment

This old tony, yeah bash him. I cant stand to watch talking/jabbering through two thirds of a video before it gets to the real matter.
                        I got no use for him, nor Oxcotool, nycnc, or even blondiehacks.
                        Blondihacks is a good name, she's a hack
                        Joe Pie is the best, straight to the matter

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post

Tony's the best, perfect combo of learning with laughter...
                          I also think he is brilliant in his presentation. Lets face it. I don't think all the subscribers he has are machinists or wanabe machinists. Tony could sell snowballs to Eskimos! Plus he is a good craftsman also.

Thats why it hurts so much!

Comment

I'd suggest Abump as a more appropriate target.
                            Once a skilled employed machinist, now an Internet Ho.
                            Abump Adverntures....oh please.

Comment

I am the lead actor over there at Doozer's Shop.

--Doozer
                              DZER

Comment

Working...
                              X