RTV glove heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTV glove heater

Machined and welded up a glove warmer for an RTV I have. It allows heat from a heater vent to warm extra gloves. Pretty silly but that has never stopped me before lol.
    I machined a pocket to fit an existing piece of metal by the windshield. The round pivot pin is actually milled in the rectangular piece of steel. I drilled two sort of detent positions in the round so it can either hold the gloves over the vent, or be swung 90 degrees parallel with the windshield to be out of the way. The set screw pushes on the spring which pushes on a steel ball which goes in either notch position in the round.
    I did not take a picture of the holder swung to the side.

Click image for larger version

Name:	glove holder in operation view 2.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	1976375 Click image for larger version

Name:	glove holder operating components.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	1976376 Click image for larger version

Name:	glove holder detent.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	1976377 Click image for larger version

Name:	glove holder together.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	1976378 Click image for larger version

Name:	Kubota rtv x1100c.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	277.9 KB
ID:	1976379

What is RTV?

Comment

Originally posted by Bented View Post
      What is RTV?
      Oops. Kubota RTV X1100C. Rough Terrain Vehicle. My apologies.

Comment

I was expecting something with RTV (Room Temperature Vulcanizing) silicone sealer.
        http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
        Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
        USA Maryland 21030

Comment

No apology required, I simply had no idea what it might be.

Comment

Yeah, I thought it was something made of rubber. A hand possibly, with embedded heating element. A pair of them for a pair of gloves. So sadly disappointed am I
            I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Ya know --- if your gonna do it - do it right and by god ya did... it's a quality build... Id throw in the statement "and remember - if they ladies don't find ya handsome they can still find ya handy" but I don't know if your as ugly as me...

Comment

Originally posted by darryl View Post
                Yeah, I thought it was something made of rubber. A hand possibly, with embedded heating element. A pair of them for a pair of gloves. So sadly disappointed am I
                Yup. I also wondered why the form didn't extend into the fingertips of the gloves to dry that parts as well.
                Certainly better than just throwing wet gloves onto the defroster vents on the dashboard.

Comment

You can't beat having warm fingers. Nothing makes me want to quit a job more than cold hands/fingers.

Nice Kubota. I almost bought one back when I bought my viking but i wanted something a bit more middle ground between sporty and utility. Now that I use it almost 90% for utility the full cab and heater would really be nice to have. I might pick one up next year and ditch the viking. I also looked at a toolcat too, but I couldn't afford a new one, and the used ones were just too beat up. Not too many around.

Comment

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post

Yup. I also wondered why the form didn't extend into the fingertips of the gloves to dry that parts as well.
                    Certainly better than just throwing wet gloves onto the defroster vents on the dashboard.
                    Maybe he didn't want anybody to lose an eye - you know - rugged vehicle and bumps and stuff like that...

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
                      You can't beat having warm fingers. Nothing makes me want to quit a job more than cold hands/fingers.

Nice Kubota. I almost bought one back when I bought my viking but i wanted something a bit more middle ground between sporty and utility. Now that I use it almost 90% for utility the full cab and heater would really be nice to have. I might pick one up next year and ditch the viking. I also looked at a toolcat too, but I couldn't afford a new one, and the used ones were just too beat up. Not too many around.
                      Well 3 months old and there is a recall lol. 26 MPH tops so pretty boring but along with the heat it does have AC. There is a problem with the winch remote too. I am supposed to be getting on the schedule for the dealer to come pick it up. I wonder if they see the glove warmer that they think I am trying to contact the home planet?
                      I have a Kubota SVL95 that is about a year old now. I had it 4 days and the dealer called and said they wanted it back for a recall. That was a tough one. When I get something new I want to use it and you know, take it to bed with me.

Comment

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post

When (IF) it gets really cold I wear mittens.

Comment

I ran and maintained a little Kubie track hoe for years,,, little 3 banger diesel, you could run and run and run that thing and still never need to add fuel,,,

always wanted to find a similar engine and put it in a little car but gear ratio's become a problemo...

Comment

Originally posted by Ridgerunner View Post

Well 3 months old and there is a recall lol. 26 MPH tops so pretty boring but along with the heat it does have AC. There is a problem with the winch remote too. I am supposed to be getting on the schedule for the dealer to come pick it up. I wonder if they see the glove warmer that they think I am trying to contact the home planet?
                            I have a Kubota SVL95 that is about a year old now. I had it 4 days and the dealer called and said they wanted it back for a recall. That was a tough one. When I get something new I want to use it and you know, take it to bed with me.
                            Hopefully the rest of your ownership with it goes much better and trouble free. The slow speed was one of the major hitching points for me. I narrowed my list down to the honda pioneer 1000 and the viking. TBH I would have rather had the honda, but I got a smoking deal on a barely used viking, and so far it's been great and done everything I've asked it too and a few things I didn't think it would. So much more utility in a utv than an atv. Not sure I'd ever buy a quad again.

My neighbor had a nice Kubota track loader for a couple years while he built his motocross track. Very nice machine. Would love to play with one for a few days around here.

Comment

The recall is just for the floor mat possibly affecting the accelerator. They just are going to put a couple of screws through the mat in to the floor to keep it from moving. The winch works with the dash button but not with the remote so probably just a wire problem to the remote switch connector.
                              The Viking is nice being able to carry several people. All the belt drive machines are pretty fast it seems. I like that the 4 wheel drive can be engaged with diff lock at speed.

Comment

Working...
                              X